Page 55 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I’m self employed but am really fortunate to have enough income from other sources to keep the wolf from the door.

That's the way to do it - send poor Mrs Bluenova out to earn a living and keep a roof over your head while you fart around with your Nova ...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    The ways things are going I also believe it will be cancelled.
    My frustration is that with my role, and other emergency services, we will be expected to keep going regardless.
    But at least I found some toilet rolls 👍

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post

My frustration is that with my role, and other emergency services, we will be expected to keep going regardless.

Stay safe Mark ... much respect!

You have it real easy in UK at the moment with things 'advisory', big brother is here big time!

ALL shops, bars, clubs, cinemas, sporting venues, etc CLOSED, BY ORDER! And the police and ARMY are on the streets in numbers to enforce that.

NO high street activity at all, only supermarkets, with strict customer control, petrol stations, hairdressers (of all things) are allowed to open.

NO ONE is allowed on the streets unless for a valid reason such as essential work.

ENFORCED stay at home policy, schools closed, so on-line lessons take place.

It is GREAT, not.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    The ways things are going I also believe it will be cancelled.
    But at least I found some toilet rolls ��

I was in Australia last week just as their first few cases were emerging, the usual panic buying struck, as it did in Singapore 3 weeks before that with toilet rolls no where to be found in the supermarkets. However I spotted in the mall some enterprising chap had removed all the usual cuddly toys in the pay and grab machine with toilet rolls!

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I was in Australia last week just as their first few cases were emerging, the usual panic buying struck, as it did in Singapore 3 weeks before that with toilet rolls no where to be found in the supermarkets. However I spotted in the mall some enterprising chap had removed all the usual cuddly toys in the pay and grab machine with toilet rolls!

Haha Made my day...

And I thought it was only a German problem with the toilet rolls. Most things are closed as well like schools, cinemas, bars, etc. But we're still allowed to leave the house whenever we want. Still...
    Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    That's brilliant David!!

It's so good to find humour in this awful new World. I was over on the other side of Scotland today to get my 85 year old Mum set up for self isolation ... not easy because she's becoming forgetful.

I think we've all got challenges ahead, but the more humour we can inject the better!!

Stay safe!

Alistair

I made the mistake of ordering more bits and pieces online last night thinking I could get enough to keep me sane through the next few weeks/months .... Boris has pretty much put that in hold for the foreseeable, but to be honest looking at the comparisons with Italy he should have done it 2 weeks ago!!

Och well, I guess Mrs Bluenova will get her wish for a freshly painted and decorated house!!

Stay safe everyone ... even if prolonged close proximity with your loved ones drives you insane!!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Stay safe everyone ... even if prolonged close proximity with your loved ones drives you insane!!

Alistair

It's alright for you Alistair - You have your loved one with you at home..whereas my Nova is at the unit where I work and I'm not supposed to go to work unless it's absolutely essential...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

That’s good that you’ll be able to cope.

I’m alright, too, being partly retired and with flexible working from my employer.

But this lockdown has disrupted things considerably for me. I had planned on traveling a fair bit over the summer for professional conferences here in the UK and then in the USA-but all that will be shut down I’m sure although there’s no formal announcements for any of those.

And our planned home improvements have been stalled 1/2 done, I’ve now got a nice foundation for a garden shed that won’t be transported until this is all over, I hope.

AND, I now have my Nova, down from Skye at last. But it’s in a storage container now, awaiting the next stage. I plan on having the chassis professionally striped, dipped and cleaned up, any welding/repairs down and painted with anti-rust primer and top coated with chassis black. I don’t plan on Waxoyl’ing or using underbody sealer on it, but will take advice.

I reckon that I can use this time to clear some of my other automotive projects: painting mt Olympic and putting my Jensen Healey back together.