Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Fake an illness and get a loved one to contact car SOS 😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    Fake an illness and get a loved one to contact car SOS 😉

Hahaha ... well actually Dave, about 18 months ago I shot myself in the foot on that one! I left a message on their Facebook page (after a few wee glasses!) suggesting that they have a look at the Forum and find a poor soul who couldn't finish his Nova. I knew that Tim's passionate about VW's and so I tried to combine that with a strong case about 'the most beautiful kit car in the World!'

I felt compelled to admit that I wasn't a deserving case ... and of course I really wanted to do it all myself anyway.

If anyone reading this knows of someone who'd qualify to be "Car SOS'd" don't publicise it. Make contact with the programme directly and keep it a secret!! If the owner finds out then they won't screen it .... but wouldn't it be great to see a Nova, Avante or an Eagle getting the full 'Tim & Fuzz' treatment on TV!!

Alistair

Lol.....don't think they would do a kit car, I remember wheeler dealers doing a cobra but think that's the closest them or SOS have come to doing one. 😏

Wheeler Dealers once built a beach buggy. It was going to be a Beetle restoration but the car was too far gone so Ed decided to turn it into a beach buggy instead. In the end they lost money on it and I'm not quite sure how they managed to make it road legal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A_nvug_Z84
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

I enjoyed that Phill, especially the 2nd part. However, it just makes me question why my build's taking me so long when these guys make it all look so simple and straightforward!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I enjoyed that Phill, especially the 2nd part. However, it just makes me question why my build's taking me so long when these guys make it all look so simple and straightforward!

Time Laps & the magic of TV.

No other commitments, sponsorship, open cheque book etc etc etc
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

They never take into account their 'wages' either, seems Ed works for free, so every project makes a lose, stupid program full of mistakes, Ed China is a so so mechanic at best and a bodger at worst, I remember him fitting standard rear struts on a Mercedes Cosworth 2.3-16v like mine rather than new globes which would have cost about the same 80€. Lots of things that have made me shudder at the thought over the years.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

After a long period of inactivity I managed to spend some time in the garage today.

I fitted new accelerator and clutch cables, and made sure they were well covered in fresh grease. I then turned my attention to fitting the pedal assembly. I've not been looking forward to this .... and what a pain it was! However, after much assembly, stripping, re-assembly, etc, etc, I finalised the position of the pedal reinforcing plate and welded it in position.

Next was the stop plate for the brake & clutch pedals, which was bolted in position to enable fine tuning later, if required. Once the whole assembly was connected to the clutch cable inside the tunnel (oh what fun!) and bolted firmly in position, I spent a bit of time establishing exactly where the accelerator mounting plate would be positioned, welded it in place and fitted the accelerator pedal.

20190224_181429.jpg 20190224_181445.jpg ... and where I started .... Offside front.jpg

I wish I'd done all this before I painted the chassis (you've got the right idea Steve!!) because the welding scorched the paint underneath the floor and will need build up again in red oxide/hammerite/stone chip. To be honest, the top side has been scratched in various places and as you can see, I've already applied red oxide around today's work so I'll probably give the whole top side a final coat just before I fit the body.

Anyway, after a fair bit of hassle today ... the job's done! Next I'll turn my attention to dismantling my old front beam, reconditioning the various bits & bobs and fitting them to my shiny new front beam.

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 24-02-2019 at 08:21 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looking good, and all going in the right direction 👍

wow, before and after shots are miles apart.

great to see some more progress being made.

Keep at it.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"