Page 41 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Bare look for me 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Bare look for me 👍
    Agreed

I used to like seeing these slot mags with red slots - but that would clash with your paintwork. Not so keen on the black so it's a bare from me. That means...cough..you've got three bares....
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I used to like seeing these slot mags with red slots - but that would clash with your paintwork. Not so keen on the black so it's a bare from me. That means...cough..you've got three bares....
    OK Phill, that means I've got 3 'bears' ... so bare it is,

Thanks guys,

Goldilocks xx

(Now that's got me thinking .... maybe the slots should be Gold? It goes well with metallic blue! .... No, stop it, .... bare it is!!)

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    The polished rim looks fantastic as is!
    *if* you wanted to paint, I reckon subtle dark'ish shade (not black) would bring out the shine in the polished frontage of the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The polished rim looks fantastic as is!
    *if* you wanted to paint, I reckon subtle dark'ish shade (not black) would bring out the shine in the polished frontage of the wheel.
    Thanks Steve,

I know what you mean. I couldn't remove all the red paint behind the spokes (awkward concave areas!) so I intended to paint those areas black to go with the slots. However, after Buffy and Gaisa's comments I thought "Why not just paint that difficult area silver? ... which I have done this evening and am very happy with. It would be tempting to spray the slots silver too (bearing in mind the rougher metal finish in these areas) but I'm going to resist and just polish them a bit more

.... after all, I can always resort to adding a darker paint later once I can see them with the body fixed to the chassis.

Hope your build's going faster than mine!

Alistair

A bit late on the vote but I would paint the slots. Mine are red against the black car & if & when the colour of the car changes, so will the slot colour. In my opinion, the colour gives a nice definition to the slots.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Mine are red too - though that would look odd with your colour scheme - orange maybe?
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    A bit late on the vote but I would paint the slots. Mine are red against the black car & if & when the colour of the car changes, so will the slot colour. In my opinion, the colour gives a nice definition to the slots.

Bushboy
    I know what you mean Bushboy and Alex. In the back of my mind I was also thinking about doing them metallic blue to match the body of my Nova.

However, I won't be able to see what it really looks like until the body's bolted to the chassis so I'm going to stick with the bare look in the meantime and get back to work on the transaxle and hopefully start work on the engine fairly soon.

Still, it's nice to have little moments playing with the shiny stuff now and again!

Cheers, Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 10-06-2019 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added Alex .... Thanks for your views too :)

Home early from work today so took the the wheels and tyres to get them fitted. Very happy with the way they sit ..... and now really keen to get the transaxle tidied up and onto the chassis so that I can fit the wheels.

20190613_190323.jpg 20190613_190441.jpg

Interested to hear an old mechanic at the garage as he walked past .... "Ah, slots ... not seen them for years .... beautiful"

Alistair