Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64654555657 LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    It's alright for you Alistair - You have your loved one with you at home..whereas my Nova is at the unit where I work and I'm not supposed to go to work unless it's absolutely essential...

err....I think yo u have a number of people on the forum that would suggest and back you up that access to and working on a Nova is essential (to mental health at least)

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    It's alright for you Alistair - You have your loved one with you at home..whereas my Nova is at the unit where I work and I'm not supposed to go to work unless it's absolutely essential...
    But surely it’s essential to bring your loved one home Phill? I take it the garage/living room is still empty .... or has Alison reclaimed it?

I have the self same problem only here in Spain you get stopped, fine 600€ and sent home, unless you are walking the dog, ALONE, any dog will do. I have all the parts including a new MIG welder and I can't get to the car or BMW either and we are locked down until 11th April now, and it's not advisory. Managed to get out today, but emergency trip to the dentist.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I made the mistake of ordering more bits and pieces online last night thinking I could get enough to keep me sane through the next few weeks/months .... Boris has pretty much put that in hold for the foreseeable, but to be honest looking at the comparisons with Italy he should have done it 2 weeks ago!!

Och well, I guess Mrs Bluenova will get her wish for a freshly painted and decorated house!!

Stay safe everyone ... even if prolonged close proximity with your loved ones drives you insane!!

Alistair
    Can't praise Machine7 highly enough! Some nice shiney parts for the engine arrived today!

Sorry Mrs Bluenova, I guess the decorating will have to wait

Can't praise Machine7 highly enough! Some nice shiney parts for the engine arrived today!

Brilliant - crack on then
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Christmas 👍😂

I wish their showroom had as much as their website, 15 mins away from me!

Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Do you need to change the Fuel pump when you switch from Dynamo to Alternator Alistair?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Do you need to change the Fuel pump when you switch from Dynamo to Alternator Alistair?
    Yes Phill, I'm pretty sure you do I guess I'll know for sure once I start stripping the engine.

PS ... I've been researching this tonight and it looks like in addition to a new (shorter) fuel pump, I'll also need a new (shorter) push rod to drive it. If anyone has done the generator/alternator conversion please let me know if I'm wrong!
    Last edited by BlueNova; 25-03-2020 at 10:13 PM. Reason: PS added

Wish I could help but I am totally outside the box on alternators having mine in the middle not off-set and no mechanical pump but even with that the standard dizzy still fits. But fuel pump? No way.

With standard off-set alternator a short pump fits, just.

Temp sender.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; 26-03-2020 at 11:54 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl