At the weekend I decided to cover the smooth hammerite underneath the chassis with matt black stone chip 20181020_155951.jpg

and tonight I gave the passenger side topside its 1st coat of smooth black hammerite. 20181023_202342.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself how far I've come! Offside front.jpg Offside rear.jpg

Still to weld on the pedal reinforcing plate and the plates for the flexible brake hoses, but I've been keen to get as much painting done as possible so I'll just go back to the metal locally and then blend them in with the same number of coats of paint.

At last I can now seriously think about the tasks required to get the chassis supported by 4 wheels instead of my makeshift 'dolly'. To that end, whilst my front tyres are still inflated incredibly after more than 25 years, my rear tyres have been flat for most of that time so I took them to the garage at the weekend to inflate them ... only to find they were flat again when I got home. Initially I wondered about getting a couple of scrap tyres fitted to the rims, but 2 cans of tyreweld later and I now have 4 inflated tyres ready and waiting!

Cheers, Alistair