Page 26 of 140 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    At the weekend I decided to cover the smooth hammerite underneath the chassis with matt black stone chip 20181020_155951.jpg

and tonight I gave the passenger side topside its 1st coat of smooth black hammerite. 20181023_202342.jpg

I have to keep reminding myself how far I've come! Offside front.jpg Offside rear.jpg

Still to weld on the pedal reinforcing plate and the plates for the flexible brake hoses, but I've been keen to get as much painting done as possible so I'll just go back to the metal locally and then blend them in with the same number of coats of paint.

At last I can now seriously think about the tasks required to get the chassis supported by 4 wheels instead of my makeshift 'dolly'. To that end, whilst my front tyres are still inflated incredibly after more than 25 years, my rear tyres have been flat for most of that time so I took them to the garage at the weekend to inflate them ... only to find they were flat again when I got home. Initially I wondered about getting a couple of scrap tyres fitted to the rims, but 2 cans of tyreweld later and I now have 4 inflated tyres ready and waiting!

Cheers, Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    looking very nice and always good to look back at the before photos to see how far you have come. You might regret not doing those last bits of welding before the paint job. The underseal is difficult to get off and paint will lift over a larger area than you think once you start welding.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Well done man, looking very good in paint.

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas everyone!

My 15 year old knew I'd not been in the garage for about 6 weeks and was asking me recently what I plan to do next with the car ... I now realise she was fishing ... and she gave me this today! Great motivation to get back in the garage!!

20181225_182039.jpg

Alistair

Merry Christmas to you too Alistair, and all novalites
    Nice pressie 👍
    I got a Lomax bonnet badge 😂

Brilliant 😉

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

After nearly 4 months without touching my Nova I decided to "spend 5 mins" in the garage today ....

20190216_164514.jpg

The aim was to assemble and fit the pedal assembly, and weld the reinforcing plate to the floor. However, I found out that I'm missing a pedal stop for the brake & clutch pedals, and the pedal bush (where the assembly enters the tunnel from the driver's side) needs replaced. Just been online to order spares. Tomorrow I've to fit an air filter in my daughter's Citroen DS3, and then I'll turn my attention to fitting my shiny new front beam.

Small progress, but progress none the less

Alistair

How do you eat an elephant?

Good to see that you are making some progress.

One mouth full at a time!

Just keep plugging away and you will get there.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

The “5 mins a day” makes you feel positive, however I have done nothing on mine for ages now . Until this week!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    The “5 mins a day” makes you feel positive, however I have done nothing on mine for ages now . Until this week!
    I would LOVE 5 minuets a day, trouble is, it takes me 40 minuets to get to it.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl