Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Looks like a good 5 minutes worth there Alistair.....well done

I know how you feel about doing much to your car. I have not touched the Princess for ages.
    Have done the Dirk conversion but not tested due to the lane which I live in has basically been flooded for the past 2 months and don't want to drive the nova through it !
    Cheers Mark. I'm ok once I get back into it but the thought of going out to the garage in the middle of winter doesn't appeal. If the conditions weren't so cramped I'd stick a heater in and enjoy 5 mins here and there. I really need to find a way of creating a clearer work space!

However, today's work prompted me to buy a couple of new front tyres tonight, and I'm hopeful that I can give you all a photo of the rolling chassis on 4 new tyres outside the garage by the end of the week

.... and I'm sure your Nova would float!?!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

My lane !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to suggest you get a 4x4 ... but maybe one of these old military amphibious ‘ducks’ would be better. Hope it all dries out soon!

Alistair

and don't want to drive the nova through it !
    Still worried about princess getting her feet wet . If you were chivalrous you would lay down your coat for her to drive through it .....just like a real princess....LOL

My lane !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pond is spelled P O N D, not L A N E.
    Thanks,

Nic.
    http://s93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/quikniq/
    CCC Sterling # 416

When you see SUVs floating by you know you have had a LOT of rain. Malaga did a week ago but all sunny now thank heaven.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Blog Entries
    Well done mate, looking very tidy. Keep plugging away, the thread & splines on the stub axle look to be in great nick, much better than some (ahem) other cars I have been working on recently :-(

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Well done mate, looking very tidy. Keep plugging away, the thread & splines on the stub axle look to be in great nick, much better than some (ahem) other cars I have been working on recently :-(
    Cheers Steve. Yeh, the floor, etc, might have been total rust buckets but there are some good things about the car!

Spent some more time in the garage today. I'm getting a couple of 205/60 R14 Nankang NS-2's fitted to the front wheels on Wed PM so I thought I ought to refurbish the slot mags. Here's a couple of before & after photos of the front & back.

Next job is to fit the rear brakes and the adjustable swing arms.

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    What a transformation! And doing the inside of the wheel as well, that is diligent.

I've often thought that the intricate casting patterns on the inside of alloy wheels look better than the outside, and it seems that Woolfie slot mags are no exception!

I remember there was a Colani concept car based on a Lamborghini Miura which had novel looking alloy wheels. On closer inspection they turned out to be the standard Miura alloys put on backwards, probably to give that racing "deep dish" look.

http://www.gatsbyonline.com/wp-conte...brid_car_b.jpg

I have also noticed that my Comp Turbos look pretty amazing turned back to front!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

nice job on the wheels, what did you use?

Dirk