Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Hi folks,

I live near St Andrews in Scotland and joined Euro Nova in April 2015. I’ve not been active in the forum till recently because I’m only now starting to seriously consider a rebuild. I bought my Nova in 1986, did some work on the engine and had the car resprayed in an Audi colour. I was the Scottish Club Nova rep at the time and drove the car down to Stoneleigh and Newark, but then for various reasons I took it off the road in 1991.

I was aware that ‘glasgowgolfer’ was looking for one and very nearly got in touch with him, but in my heart of hearts I can’t let her go without getting her going again and having some fun.

I was amazed to come across a thread tonight (see below), started by ‘Gmacz’ in August 2015, in which he posted a photo of my car taken from internet. The photo was taken around 1990 and whilst the body looks much the same, the chassis and engine need a lot of work, and the mice have devoured the interior. Anyway, I’m glad to be on the forum and am looking forward to the challenge. Wish me luck!

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...light=scottish

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Welcome Blue Nova we all like to see some photos of what you have as a starting point and keep them coming as you progress, and maybe you can do the long trip down to Stoneleigh again in her.

Dirk

Welcome (back).
    That colour looks really good. How has it held up over the years?
    Can you check if your registration and details are in the database on the forum. If not please PM me the details and I'll add them.

Good luck with your rebuild. Don't forget to post updates and pictures.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

My nova is a frequent visitor to Tayport and Kinshaldy.
    There is another one in Dundee, not going to be road legal in the near future (decades).
    As above take pics and post them here, we all want to see it.
    Good to see scottish nova still has a scottish owner or at least one living here.

Another Nova re-surfaces - lets have some up to date pictures of your car please.

It's so much easier now to find information and help on these cars than it was back in 1986 with the aid of forums like this - so good luck with the re-build
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the welcome, and I'm looking forward to seeing Gmacz in the Dundee area sometime. Phill, do you have a Nova on the road at present?

The current photos show where she's been since about 1994, safely tucked up in my garage. However, she sat outside for about 3 years before that which wasn't a great idea. The 1776cc VW Type 1 engine won't turn over, the hydraulic pump won't lift the roof, and the floor is pretty rusty in places.

I intend to lift the body from the chassis and focus most of my efforts on refurbishing the chassis and getting the engine going again, or if needs be, fitting a new engine. The body was de-seamed when I had her painted so my first task will be to try to remove the body with the lower panels still fixed to the main body. I can see most of the bolts so I'm hoping it can be done without major surgery to the body in view of the decent paint job.

I don't expect progress to be rapid because I'm self employed and have a wife and 3 girls who demand a lot of my time (and money!) but there again the Nova will give me an excuse to escape to my man cave every once in a while!

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

No my car is a work in progress. I need to finish off the bodywork, rewire the car and fit an interior and working engine before I can drive it so lots to do yet. (you can see where I am up to here:- http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...-begins/page21)

I'm not that far from you - just over the Forth in Livingston. Maybe we could meet up some time?

Phill,

I've just spent a while going through your posts and photos of your Nova. What a great job (and what an understanding wife!!). Yes, would be great to meet up sometime

Alistair

I built my first Nova back in 1984/5 and sold it in 1986. Back then John Brannan was the Scottish Club Nova rep so you must have taken over from him?

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Alistair - I recognise your car from the mods and service manual - removable rear panel for easy engine access?

Nice to see some photos of your car, good luck with the rebuild.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!