Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I've always loved the look of the slot mags... I wished I had them rather then the wolfrace turbo vecs that are on my car - it was one of the few things I would have changed when I bought it if I'd had the chance! `¬)

Each to their own I guess!
    Lol...must be each to his own as I always loved the Turbovecs! ....PM on its way!

BlueNova (Alistair), Sorry for the thread hijack

Alistair, A quick question for you, so did you cut the wrap around return edge of the side of each light cluster so it sits flat?

Also you obviously cut the reflector down, did you seal the ends in anyway?

Hi David,

No problems re hijacking! I'm a newbie, so it's OK to 'take advantage' .... for a wee while

You're right about the rear lights on both counts. Yes, I had to cut the wrap around edge of the outside of each light cluster to get it to sit flat, and cut the reflector down. I sealed the ends with glass fibre resin and painted them black. (couple of photos attached)

Cheers, Alistair

20160821_194319.jpg 20160821_194602.jpg

Hello Blue Nova & welcome to the forum.

Looks like a nice project for your rebuild. It's always good to see a Nova heading back to the road again.

Enjoy & have fun
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Hi Mostin,

Thanks very much for welcoming me to the Forum

The body is the best part of my Nova. Pretty much everything else needs a lot of work. It's been off the road for 25 years!!

I spent some time going through your posts about your own car last night and was really impressed with your work. I love your chassis! That'll be my first main area of work, assuming I can get the lovely de-seamed and painted body off in one piece (without having to remove the sills). The Smiths pump appears to be seized, so once I've addressed that I'll get the canopy off and start removing the interior.

Despite some severe rust on one side of my chassis I'm keen to refurbish it because I want to retain the V5 document which states quite simply that OSA 101H is a "Nova". No mention of VW or Kit car, etc.

I'm not setting a timescale (or budget!!) for my rebuild, but hopefully before too long I'll be able to start posting photos of my Nova in bits!!

Best wishes,

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi, and welcome back.
    Really looming forward to seeing you bring it back to its former glory.
    If you can, go to stones next year, it should be all the inspiration you need !!!!

Buffy

Cheers Buffy, but I think that would be a bit too soon to bring my Nova. Mind you, a trip without the car to meet up with you guys and see your Novas might be just the injection I'll need then to keep going!! I've still got the "Furthest Distance Traveled Award" that I was given when I took my Nova the last time .... just over 25 years ago! Haha!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Cheers Buffy, but I think that would be a bit too soon to bring my Nova. Mind you, a trip without the car to meet up with you guys and see your Novas might be just the injection I'll need then to keep going!! I've still got the "Furthest Distance Traveled Award" that I was given when I took my Nova the last time .... just over 25 years ago! Haha!
    Now that made me smile .....well done for keeping your car and believing ..

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post

assuming I can get the lovely de-seamed and painted body off in one piece (without having to remove the sills).

Alistair
    mmmm as hard as it might be I think you will have to bite the bullet on that one and accept you will have to touch up the body work once done. Just undo your hoses off your pump and two people can lift the roof, prop it open with a bit of wood and you can make a start.

Dirk