Page 33 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Cheers Phill, and if you ever need to use the press for ball joints (or anything else) you're more than welcome!

Alistair

Great work, and be prepared for parts being sent to you for refurb ! 👍

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Nice one well done, getting them out is actually the easy part putting them in can be a bit more tricky if you do not have everything lined up correctly. I think on my first attempt I did destroy a joint and had to order a new one. Go slow if the press moves slightly to one side things are not centered correctly adjust and try again.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice one well done, getting them out is actually the easy part putting them in can be a bit more tricky if you do not have everything lined up correctly. I think on my first attempt I did destroy a joint and had to order a new one. Go slow if the press moves slightly to one side things are not centered correctly adjust and try again.

Dirk
    Thanks Dirk. I can see what you mean, especially with the lower arms which have less 'flat' area around the joint to help keep the arm in a fixed position in the press. I'll take it really slowly ....

Alistair,

My hat is off to you young man. I have always sent my trailing arms off to have the joints changed.

Hope you are alos looking after your safety and wearing a face shield when you have the press in operation. 20t is a lot of potential stored energy that needs to go somewhere when things let go!

Cheers

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Alistair,

My hat is off to you young man. I have always sent my trailing arms off to have the joints changed.

Hope you are alos looking after your safety and wearing a face shield when you have the press in operation. 20t is a lot of potential stored energy that needs to go somewhere when things let go!

Cheers

Bushboy
    Thanks Bushboy,
    Yes, I have lots of PPE for my work and had face protection when using the press .... and many thanks for calling me a 'young man'. You've made turning 60 before the end of this month a bit more bearable!
    .... I just hope I can get my Nova back on the road again before I start collecting my pension!
    Alistair

[QUOTE
    .... I just hope I can get my Nova back on the road again before I start collecting my pension!
    Alistair[/QUOTE]

They'll have made it 85 years old by then so you've plenty of time!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post

They'll have made it 85 years old by then so you've plenty of time!
    Alex, I don't know whether to or .....
    Last edited by BlueNova; 19-03-2019 at 07:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    [QUOTE
    Alistair
    They'll have made it 85 years old by then so you've plenty of time! [/QUOTE]

It was my son that prompted me to start rebuilding my car... When I bought it it was supposed to be my retirement project, something to do once I had retired. However he gleefully pointed out to me that if I wait to long before getting it back on the road, I'd end up too old and decrepit to get into it...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    It was my son that prompted me to start rebuilding my car... When I bought it it was supposed to be my retirement project, something to do once I had retired. However he gleefully pointed out to me that if I wait to long before getting it back on the road, I'd end up too old and decrepit to get into it...
    Yes, that was my motivation as well - hopefully I will get another 10 years of use before I have to give up and get something sensible. Or maybe just develop lifting seats and steering column, like the Holden Hurricane!
    only Pythagoras can save me now!