Page 42 of 140 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Those wheels and tyres look gorgeouse...can't wait to see what they look like on my car
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Those wheels and tyres look gorgeouse...can't wait to see what they look like on my car
    Looking forward to seeing them on your car too Phill ... I'm going to do my best to get all 4 wheels onto the chassis by the time you come over. It would be good to get a photo of my skateboard sitting next to your Nova and another photo of my rear slots on your Nova

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Very nice. I'm loving the old school look. In fact, it's got me feverishly plotting to see what combination of tread width and profile can reproduce that classic look on my car without compromising the gearing...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Very nice. I'm loving the old school look. In fact, it's got me feverishly plotting to see what combination of tread width and profile can reproduce that classic look on my car without compromising the gearing...
    I know what you mean Lauren. I thought long and hard about the balance between narrowing the gap between the wheel and the wheel arch (on a swing axle), and the impact on acceleration & cruising speed, making sure the wheel doesn't extend outside the body, etc. With my everyday car having 6 gears I'd love the Nova to have the same, or even just 5 .... but that's expensive and my priority is just to get her back on the road and see how she runs ....

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Home early from work today so took the the wheels and tyres to get them fitted. Very happy with the way they sit ..... and now really keen to get the transaxle tidied up and onto the chassis so that I can fit the wheels.

Attachment 3390 Attachment 3391

Interested to hear an old mechanic at the garage as he walked past .... "Ah, slots ... not seen them for years .... beautiful"

Alistair
    Very nice, looking forward to seeing these in-situ :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I know what you mean Lauren. I thought long and hard about the balance between narrowing the gap between the wheel and the wheel arch (on a swing axle), and the impact on acceleration & cruising speed, making sure the wheel doesn't extend outside the body, etc. With my everyday car having 6 gears I'd love the Nova to have the same, or even just 5 .... but that's expensive and my priority is just to get her back on the road and see how she runs ....
    On a swing axle you have two lengths of axle, 63mm shorter on pre-66. I had shorter ones on my '66 chassis but switched to longer ones and a 1303 gearbox. so with the 10x15 moonshine modulars it (quite by chance), bought the rim just where I wanted it and the 255x60/15 look just right for the period style I wanted.
    (I HATE low profiles, including my Mercedes A170, so hard).
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Another '5 mins' this afternoon ...

20190428_141613.jpg 20190615_175854.jpg

Not looking for comments, just documenting these wee bits of progress to help motivate me to keep going ...

Alistair

Not looking to comment but this looks really good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Very tidy, another job off the list -well done.

Looks like 6 minutes to me 😂
    Keep going 👍