Page 84 of 93 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Nova - time for a rebuild!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Had a most enjoyable afternoon with Phill today.

He brought his Nova over from Livingstone and we were joined by Dave Holland from Fife who got the dark blue Nova from the auction near Bathgate a couple of years ago (for nothing!!) and his friend George, a very knowledgable VW enthusiast.

I've uploaded a couple of short videos of Phill leaving. The quality's not great, but it's so good to see a Nova actually on the road! You can watch them at ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUBYRG3tkcY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtpgH-iNFck

In the meantime, here's a couple of photos ....

Brilliant

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    Brilliant
    Well Dave, the next time you’re golfing at St Andrews (if not before) give me a call and you can pop in for some Nova chat

Cool

Well Dave, the next time you’re golfing at St Andrews (if not before) give me a call and you can pop in for some Nova chat
    Defo.....might be thru end of August....will confirm nearer time ;o)

Dash Instruments - ideas welcome :)

Hi all,

As some of you know I'm changing my Mk2 dash to a Mk1 layout, but I'm struggling to find instruments that I'm happy with. I could stick with my old instruments as shown below, but they're a bit tired looking.

I think I'd prefer to stick with traditional instruments rather than going digital. I like the look of dials with a white background, but wonder if these get reflected from the windscreen? Equally, anything that's brightly illuminated at night might cause similar issues.

I'd therefore welcome views and any recommendations with links to suppliers if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Alistair

Alistair you are spoilt for choice these days as the aftermarket has exploded since we first built these cars. A simple search of "aftermarket car gauges" bring back 13,100,000 results.

Some really nice choices out there, not many however are particularly cheap

An example if you want to stay traditional (with a digital twist) is something like this

https://www.ebay.com/itm/28356722645...iABEgLbdvD_BwE
    Last edited by islandman; 07-08-2021 at 12:40 AM.

That is a great find, love them, At a decent price for the whole kit too. Always a fan of the classic look and in a away regret going digital in 2000 with the Astra GTr unit, Originally I had Smiths Speedo and tacho from the dolomite and a triple gauge in the middle looked very Italian.
    Only problem I found with classic set up in front of the driver is with 13" or 10" steering wheel can't see the blooming things.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    For instruments I like old-school simple black VDO, e.g. the Cockpit Series:

I prefer the medium sized Speedo and Rev Counter as shown, maybe 80mm diameter.
    The 100mm is too large for our cars IMO.

VDO_Cockpit.jpg

https://www.vdo-gauges.com/instrumen...by-series.html

Anyway, whatever you do, don't purchase any overpriced Nova dashpods from some flaky bloke on the Internet - that's my advice.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    For instruments I like old-school simple black VDO, e.g. the Cockpit Series:

I prefer the medium sized Speedo and Rev Counter as shown, maybe 80mm diameter.
    The 100mm is too large for our cars IMO.

VDO_Cockpit.jpg

https://www.vdo-gauges.com/instrumen...by-series.html

Anyway, whatever you do, don't purchase any overpriced Nova dashpods from some flaky bloke on the Internet - that's my advice.
    David & Peter, thanks for your input and suggestions

Steve, Oh how I wish I'd posted this sooner, because you won't believe it .... but I've just bought a couple of overpriced Nova dashpods from some flaky bloke on the Internet!

I think you're right about the size of the Speedo and Rev Counter ... but I'll wait to mock them up on the driver's pod before I order them

Ignition Lock

Has anyone got an old (working!) ignition lock they'd be prepared to part with?

I couldn't turn my ignition key in my lock, so I ordered a new barrel and key which fits inside the top section. I fitted it today but the problem seems to be further down in the lock mechanism itself.

So does anyone have a spare one of these they'd be prepared to part with? I don't need the key because I've already bought the barrel with key to match. It's from a 1970 1300 Beetle. I've search online ad nausium without success ... so far

Has anyone got an old (working!) ignition lock they'd be prepared to part with?

I couldn't turn my ignition key in my lock, so I ordered a new barrel and key which fits inside the top section. I fitted it today but the problem seems to be further down in the lock mechanism itself.

So does anyone have a spare one of these they'd be prepared to part with? I don't need the key because I've already bought the barrel with key to match. It's from a 1970 1300 Beetle. I've search online ad nausium without success ... so far

Hi Alistair I won't be using the one in my car anymore so you're welcome to that if you want, I'll check to see if it's the same unit and working
    Mike