Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Nova droop snoot

Great result. Not only does it give you extra clearance at the front, the car looks so much better. And I suspect there's now no longer any need to install top mountings from the body onto the top of the front beam? Are you planning to put flopper stoppers into production?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Great result. Not only does it give you extra clearance at the front, the car looks so much better. And I suspect there's now no longer any need to install top mountings from the body onto the top of the front beam? Are you planning to put flopper stoppers into production?
    I suppose it could do without the mountings on the top of the front beam, but I'll probably install them anyway. This experience has made me think 'belt and braces', so it wouldn't do any harm to make up some spacers and insert the bolts. I'll repair the fibreglass in that area first and then drill new holes.

Another thing I'm going to do is replace the fibreglass rear body mounts with a metal bar as per Steve's design on page 31 of the Club Nova Modifications & Service Manual because whilst the passenger's side fibreglass body mount appears OK, the driver's side is broken

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    nice work and makes a huge difference.

Dirk

I used a pair of 205x60x14 on the front of mine once when my dad sold his lotus Elite and had a spare set so I thought I'll try them but they did make the front end very low ,so changed for 225x60x14 which are nearly the same profile as the 205x70 ,much better ride height

Were all those holes under the bonnet to be able to put the bolts through into the beam?

Great job on the flopper stopper, it will certainly keep everything in place

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Were all those holes under the bonnet to be able to put the bolts through into the beam?

Great job on the flopper stopper, it will certainly keep everything in place
    Hi David,

Just the 4 immediately in front of the bolts. The ultimate plan is to seal the entire area but those 4 holes will need to be covered with something that’s easily removable. Given the awkward shapes I might have to produce covers using fibreglass?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    I used a pair of 205x60x14 on the front of mine once when my dad sold his lotus Elite and had a spare set so I thought I'll try them but they did make the front end very low ,so changed for 225x60x14 which are nearly the same profile as the 205x70 ,much better ride height
    Funnily enough Mike, when my Nova was last on the road I had 225x60x14 Firestone S660’s on the front. I really liked them but they were just a bit past their sell by date to be used in this rebuild. I tried to find them again but it looks like they’re no longer in production. Anyway, I’ll see how I get on with the 205x60x14 Nankang NS2’s

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Given the awkward shapes I might have to produce covers using fibreglass?
    Yup that is what I would do to finish it off.......because at the moment it looks like mice have nibbled holes in various places in the fiberglass. Even if covering it might be good to neaten the holes so it doesn't look so nibbled .

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Yup that is what I would do to finish it off.......because at the moment it looks like mice have nibbled holes in various places in the fiberglass. Even if covering it might be good to neaten the holes so it doesn't look so nibbled .
    Yes I agree. It was a means to an end just to get the floppers in .... incidentally, I thought I’d give my welding a wee test today, so I stood in the bonnet area and jumped up and down! 🤣

PS it passed the test!

I have 5 holes in the boot, 4 for the bolts, covered by blanking grommets and one above so I can attach a rope to the top beam and haul the lot up into place.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl