Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Developments...

I hope I can do my own Nova with trailer pics at Stones in a year or two. Brilliant pictures - just so incongruous.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Bushboys floor looks very similar to the Avante but it still looks like there is a couple of inches of floor drop as the Avante has got.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by edmorton View Post
    That looks a lot like mine! So, do you find that gives you enough headroom without drops?
    Ed,
    The top of the perimeter frame was level with the top of the VW floor pan, so in effect my whole floor has been dropped 75mm.

The floor under the car is completely flat.

Cheers

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Thanks Bushboy, that's encouraging, it sounds like 75mm plus a flat floor is sufficient for you too.

I had a look at the V6 in an MG at the scrapyard yesterday, it was a handsome beast but seemed to completely fill the bonnet of the Jag XJ6 sized car - and the radiator was HUGE! It might work in a buggy, but methinks cramming it into a Nova without going the GT40 clamshell route might not be a goer....
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Your foraging antics are very impressive Alex!
    I'm increasingly unconvinced about the V6. It's the default
    option in MGF circles, but it really doesn't fit well, and hasn't got the best reputation.
    Was the MG a ZR, rather than a ZS? If so please could you grab the long driveshaft and centre bearing next time you go??!

Cheers, Ed

Sadly a ZS, Brilliant yard though - £100 for an engine (any engine) practically give seats and interiors away - I love it!
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!

Now then...I've got mixed up (blame sending messages on a poxy iPhone at the NEC Classic Show...). I meant is a ZS (like a Rover 45 or 400) not a ZT (like a Rover 75). I need the ZS one, and they appear to be like hen's teeth!

Hope that makes sense....

Cheers, Ed

Right, having searched images on the Rover numbers, it was the ZT/Rover 75. It's a weird sort of yard, some cars stay there untouched for weeks, some go to the crusher overnight - I found this when I was there at 4pm for some bits and spotted a ZR with the 160 engine all complete. Didn't have the tools or a vehicle to bring it back in, so went back equipped the following afternoon and that row of cars had all been cubed.... B****r!

Argggh! what a waste!

Thanks for checking the various MG models Alex. The ZTs do seem to be more plentiful.

Cheers, Ed