Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Alex's new Nova project..... the saga begins!

Hmm... would custom/adjustable wishbones etc work to set the front wheels at a better location or is that not a viable option?
    Last edited by Gaisa; 25-09-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    Hmm... would custom/adjustable wishbones etc work to set the front wheels at a better location or is that not a viable option?
    Currently the lower wishbone re-uses the MG part and the top bone is fabricated by Ed. Any extension to move wheels out would also need mods to the steering rack too.
    I plan to make a drive able car first and worry about 'the look' afterwards. It may result in me re-doing some things but if I try to get it 'right first time' my MG Nova will never get built.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post

Mick, I'm definitely not racing, and I think you've sorted a lot of the wiring, which I haven't even begun re-fitting yet - I was eyeing up the space behind the front boot space and before the chassis starts as a possible site for the radiator.... And there does look to be quite a lot of space for a fuel tank where the fuel tank used to be....
    I haven't got round to offering up the rear end of the body yet (mines in 3 parts) so have yet to see the space under the engine lid. Putting the rad there would certainly reduce the pipe runs.
    I'm expecting Bushboy this weekend who has kindly offered to drop off my 'new' body. That may push me back into the garage to get on with it.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Yup, I'm with Mick on that, (getting the car together rather than obsessing (too much) about small details) and as the body surface is in a parlous state, it will get modified to suit the chassis, then have a mould taken from it - I'm quite happy to lose a little plastic to get the wheel-arches right!
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Great to see you making such progress Alex. Well done. And I would love to see the mould making process in detail if you are thinking of making a new body tub. Seems like a lot of work for a "one off" or are you thinking of resurrecting the marque?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hmm, I see. I was going to suggest wider wishbones and a rack extension as a possible way of increasing the track - this was used on the so-called "wide track" Westfields, but it sounds like the donor wishbones would have to be replaced with bespoke parts.

100% behind the build-it-and-worry-about-the-details-later approach - it is exactly the route I took with the Green Machine, the difference being that the Cortina derived uprights and steering rack made my track almost too wide, especially with 15 x 7 wheels...

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Good response, looking forward to future installments!