Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Alex's new Nova project..... the saga begins!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    So there's not much left to do then Alex?

Seriously, it looks very professional and should make the car more user friendly. Excellent job!

Alistair

Alex,

That is great work. I like the rain channels & the length of your T sections. I can vouch for how easy they make getting in and out in the summer months, non claustrophobic feel & the wind in the hair driving experience.

Cheers

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Yes I really like the T roof and can see how much less claustrophobic it will feel. Are you going to put the T roof into production?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Great work - keep the updates coming

Looking very good, food for thought on future projects. keep up the updates.

Dirk

Looking very slick Alex

Thanks All!

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Yes I really like the T roof and can see how much less claustrophobic it will feel. Are you going to put the T roof into production?
    Not planning, but there will be a full set of moulds so no reason why not - I guess if there's potential interest I'll make sure the moulds are fit for more than one use!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Next stage with the canopy is to flip it and glass the underside, weather not making that too inviting so I started hacking another part about....

So those are early MX5 lights (Somewhere I have a set of rectangular lens Ford Probe lights but haven't seen them for YEARS so gave up and got these!) The tin top-cover isn't far off the curve of the car, but but is a screw on sheet anyway, so easy to convert. The light ends up 10cm higher than on the stock car which I think is enough to scrape into legality....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Looking very promising Alex! Hopefully that'll be enough.

I know what you mean about the weather. I find it very difficult to motivate myself to go out to the garage in the winter time. Let's hope for a mild winter this year!!

Alistair

Blog Entries
    >> The light ends up 10cm higher than on the stock car which I think is enough to scrape into legality....

Nice update.
    That IVA is a pain...