Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: help me windshield for MK1

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Just to let you all know, I did contact auto glass a couple of weeks ago for price. They said they would get bak to me. Still no response which makes me think they can no longer supply

So the only source is direct from pilkington, and the person that contacted me was nick Gardiner.

For info
    Last edited by Buffy; 07-11-2016 at 10:39 AM.

I would chase them up `¬)

in 2012 I dealt with Gavin Long who sorted it out for me, (via Robert Stellman). Don't know if he is still there, but these are the contact details I have from then;-

"Gavin Long" <Gavin.Long@BelronUK.com>

> Belron UK Limited. Registered Office: 1 Priory Business Park, Cardington,
    > Bedford, Bedfordshire MK44 3US.
    > Telephone +44 (0) 1234 273636

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Just to let you all know, I did contact auto glass a couple of weeks ago for price. They said they would get bak to me. Still no response which makes me think they can no longer supply

So the only source is direct from pilkington, and the person that contacted me was nick Gardiner.

For info
    It was Nick that gave me the tour of the plant for the CKC article and sorted my screen.

very helpful chap,
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Back from my course...hooray
    Anyway, whilst away been talking to auto glass.
    Have just made payment for supply and fit a windscreen which is the full tint with border. It is on back order of 10 weeks but no worries.
    The price through autoglass

£388_86.

And they get the glass through pilkingtons !!!

That's a very good result! cheaper than when I was quoted a few years ago, you must be very pleased (even with a few weeks to wait for it!)

Wow wasn't Dave's £600 something supply only from Pilkingtons? That's a result and worth the wait.
    Have you got a copy of the invoice with order codes you can put on the forum?

Dirk

Hi Dirk

I contacted Pilkington a while ago, and to supply was nearly £900 ( check back in this post).

I only got back from my course yesterday to find an answerphone message to contact Autoglass. They told me the price so I paid straight away !. They had originally said £324 +vat but needed to check so I left it thinking it would come back higher. It didn't so I paid.

I will be e-mailing them today for confirmation, and once received will update the forum. It would then make sense to add this post to the windscreen section.

Buffy

That's a good price. we were quoted 350 plus the usual two years ago for a SS screen # A1881 CL from Pilkingtons

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

That's very useful info indeed as a new windscreen is on my list. That price (which includes fitting) is very attractive (I just have to figure the best way to remove the existing one without breaking it!).

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by madscientist View Post
    That's very useful info indeed as a new windscreen is on my list. That price (which includes fitting) is very attractive (I just have to figure the best way to remove the existing one without breaking it!).

Cheers.
    Its easier with the dash out, but with taking mine out I just used a modelling knife / scalpel, and from inside the car slowly went round the whole of the aperture and cut the adhesive.
    You just have to be patient.......