Thread: Pictures of the Green Machine

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar

Pictures of the Green Machine

Hi guys – here are a couple of pictures of the Green Machine that I thought I would share with you. The first one isn’t particularly recent, being taken at the Drive It Day celebrations at Brooklands in 2012, and is probably more familiar to you as the February pin-up in the 2015 Euro-Nova calendar. However, I liked the image so much that I had it blown up and framed by a well-known photo-processing company so I can sit and look at it on long winter nights…

Speaking of long winter nights, I took the second picture last night. For a first attempt at this sort of thing, I think it turned out quite well…

What I forgot to do was switch on the hazards to get the side repeaters lit up on the long exposure, and as you can see, I need a bit more practice at writing backwards. In the air. With a torch. I also took several pictures of the dashboard displays, but forgot to switch off the image stabiliser (which on a tripod simply adds instability) so the pictures came out all blurry. Next time I will get it right…

Lauren
    Last edited by Spacenut; 01-10-2017 at 10:11 PM.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Stunning!

I'm a big fan of Green. An even bigger fan of the Green Machine

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

I need a bit more practice at writing backwards. In the air. With a torch.

Nice pics

>> I need a bit more practice at writing backwards. In the air. With a torch.

One needs such a broad skill-set build a Nova; I never cease to amuse and entertain my friends with my needlework skills. Family get-togethers just fly by...

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    One needs such a broad skill-set build a Nova; I never cease to amuse and entertain my friends with my needlework skills. Family get-togethers just fly by...
    ROFLOL

But you are right, working on the Nova does require a unique set of skills...

So how recent are the recent ones and does that mean the green machine is back on the black top?

There was something I only half saw on countryfile tonight about photographic light "art"

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Very nice

Dirk

I just love the way your Nova doesn't have lots of things dangling underneath (floor pans, exhaust, sump, roll bars etc..) as witnessed in the first shot. Really clean car and very nice look

Stunning looking car and great pics.

Great pictures of the green machine. I love the 2nd one at dusk with the dark clouds in the back ground.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    So how recent are the recent ones and does that mean the green machine is back on the black top?
    Alas, not quite, although some significant progress has been made. I am still having trouble with the rear brake calipers and they have had to go back for repair AGAIN. This time I have insisted that the M7 bleed screws are drilled out to M10 and replaced with inserts.

In the meantime the interior work continues. Hexatile closure panels are fabricated and in place, rear window tunnel is nearing completion and the instrument binnacle is coming along nicely. The latter is less tolerant of minor imperfections and asymmetry as I will be looking at it all the time.

I must also remember to black out the rearward-facing part of the number plate lamp, as the last MoT commented on that...

Lauren