Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiring Help

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    The nice thing my car already had was a detachable steering wheel, so you just take the whole thing off making it difficult to use , and perfect for security. Plus getting in and out is so much easier !!!
    I agree, I would have difficulty getting in and out of mine without a QD wheel and the SS has much lower sills too. (but I am a lot older too )

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Just bringing this back for your expert knowledge and assistance.
    I have now got all parts working on the raptor bar wipers and hazard.
    Now the wipers will not be an issue but would like some guidance on the hazard switch.
    Now I am using the CBS fusebox which already has a hazard relay built within and a terminal to connect to.
    So from the raptor receiver box would it make sense to connect one wire from relay 7 to the hazard terminal on the fusebox, and the other relay wire to connect to both left and right indicators.
    Hope that makes sense, Mick !!!

Just bringing this back for your expert knowledge and assistance.
    I have now got all parts working on the raptor bar wipers and hazard.
    Now the wipers will not be an issue but would like some guidance on the hazard switch.
    Now I am using the CBS fusebox which already has a hazard relay built within and a terminal to connect to.
    So from the raptor receiver box would it make sense to connect one wire from relay 7 to the hazard terminal on the fusebox, and the other relay wire to connect to both left and right indicators.
    Hope that makes sense, Mick !!!
    Buffy
    You'll need to share the diagram of your CBS panel (or include a link if its online somewhere) then it should be a straightforward answer.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Here's the CBS wiring diagram http://www.carbuildersolutions.com/c...ing-module.png
    It shows hazard wiring going to switch contact 49a, which is the flashing relay feeds +12v. So connecting to relay 7 on your Raptor with that function set to flash should do it.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

Brilliant, thanks Mick.
    It's what I thought but always best to ask an expert 😊

Ok
    So I set one of the relay wires to the wiring module. Check
    Then linked the other wire to both left and right indicators. Check. Test and hazards work. Brilliant.
    Then I check the indicators and they all flash regardless of left or right testing!!!!!
    I know I have done something silly but cannot work out what .

Hi Buffy

Sounds like your having fun. I've just had a quick read up on your Raptor. Very nice.

The installation guide seems to say the flasher & hazard relays are on the controller main board. If so you won't need the ones in the CBS wiring module.

But I could be wrong

Sounds like your Nova is moving along very nicely.

http://summit-technologies.myshopify...es/user-guides.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    Last edited by Mostin; 07-02-2017 at 06:49 PM.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

But as they are already fitted to the wiring module, does that mean I should switch off the ones built into the raptor ?
    Confused.com !

Ok
    So I set one of the relay wires to the wiring module. Check
    Then linked the other wire to both left and right indicators. Check. Test and hazards work. Brilliant.
    Then I check the indicators and they all flash regardless of left or right testing!!!!!
    I know I have done something silly but cannot work out what .
    Buffy

If you have a wire that connects to both indicators, and the other end of those wires is connected to a common point, then you have effectively connected both indicators together. Great for hazards but not for left right indication.
    The two wires need to be disconnected from each other when the hazards are off, this is normally a function of a hazard switch. I assume either Raptor or CBS module accommodate this.

I will take a closer look at the wiring diagrams for Raptor and CBS module to see how that should work.

Afterthought: I think you will need a 5 pin dual contact relay to separate both wires. I don't know if the CBS module has one so you may need an additional 'loose' one.

Mick
    Last edited by MicksRedNova; 07-02-2017 at 07:28 PM.
    Club Nova Member (F-036)