Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wiring Help

Reading the guide from the link it looks like there is a 12 volt input to your Raptor wiring module which feeds everything on the Raptor module. (Page 3 & 4).

I don't want to be sending you down the wrong track but I'd try leaving the flasher & hazard relays from the CBS module out & see what out put you get.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Buffy

If you have a wire that connects to both indicators, and the other end of those wires is connected to a common point, then you have effectively connected both indicators together. Great for hazards but not for left right indication.
    The two wires need to be disconnected from each other when the hazards are off, this is normally a function of a hazard switch. I assume either Raptor or CBS module accommodate this.

I will take a closer look at the wiring diagrams for Raptor and CBS module to see how that should work.

Afterthought: I think you will need a 5 pin dual contact relay to separate both wires. I don't know if the CBS module has one so you may need an additional 'loose' one.

Mick
    I need another one of you special wiring diagrams !

FIXED IT

Thanks for the pm suggestions.
    Two inline diodes placed in the hazard circuit and all sorted 😀

Nice one

It always feels good when you sort a problem. Plus one more thing off the list.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Well the raptor system is now fully wired and all parts are working, well pleased.

I have also completely wired the whole car ( it does take a while ) so that is another big tick off the list.

I do have one issue which I hope someone may help with.

Fuel gauge working back to front......

I have fitted autometer gauges. At the moment the tank is empty but the gauge shows full. I am certain if I filled the tank the gauge would then read empty.

From looking at the internet it refers to the resistance of the tank sender and the resistance of how the tank reads. If they read opposite to each other then you get this issue.

Does anyone know of a part which you can add to reverse the resistance at the tank.

Hope that makes sense.

Buffy

Got my Gizmo from these guys, it will also reverse the guages feeds

https://www.spiyda.com/magento/index.php/fuel-gauge-wizard-mk3.html

Thanks Dave
    I knew there had to be something.

I did try to get mine set-up in the car without taking the sender out, which meant draining the tank then adjust, fill the tank then adjust....finding it wasn't quite right and needed more adjustment. I didn't have time to go through that cycle again so mine still needs some adjustment.

If you can get to your sender and remove it easily that would be the way to go. Try to do it with the sender using the existing loom wiring as this all adds to the resistance if you want spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I did try to get mine set-up in the car without taking the sender out, which meant draining the tank then adjust, fill the tank then adjust....finding it wasn't quite right and needed more adjustment. I didn't have time to go through that cycle again so mine still needs some adjustment.

If you can get to your sender and remove it easily that would be the way to go. Try to do it with the sender using the existing loom wiring as this all adds to the resistance if you want spot on.
    I can still get to the sender, so part has been ordered and will be a job for the end of the week.
    I am off all next week so in theory dash and interior going in. Will do some proper updates at the end of next week

Well I have got the gauge working the right way and with the sender out, but can only get to read up to a 1/4
    Mmmmmm
    For another day me thinks