Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roof won't go down

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Roof won't go down

Working on the pump
    All plumbed in roof went up but won't go down. Have a new pump and restrictor valve, fitted as per islandmans picture. Have fluid to it but not coming out. Is it case of wrong way round, faulty part or do I need to adjust something within.
    Whatever iit is this is going to get messy !!

Most probably the solenoid valve at the pump not opening. Either it's not getting any power to it or it is faulty. You should hear a click when it is energised
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

The restrictor valve probably needs adjusting. If its the long nut version then I think there are about 4 turns between totally closed and open. Slacken the locking nut off, turn it maximum position one way then the other. after that leave it somewhere halfway between as a starting point before adjusting. I assume its on the down circuit? (i.e. going to the bottom of the rams?)

If that's all it is then it won't get messy. It's a uni-directional flow control valve so, if it went up OK but wont go down it sounds like you have it in the down circuit OK but you have locked it off in the fully restricted position hence its not letting any fluid through. It needs to be opened up
    Last edited by islandman; 14-01-2017 at 01:57 PM.

David
    As ever, you are a genius!
    Found the sweet spot and now it works fine. Thanks
    So nearly there with roof. The quasar remote wiring makes no sense to me compared to your wiring diagram as you don't get any !!!!
    I know Jim has fitted one but do not know whether he followed the same wiring as you so have pm' d him.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    David
    As ever, you are a genius!
    Found the sweet spot and now it works fine. Thanks
    So nearly there with roof. The quasar remote wiring makes no sense to me compared to your wiring diagram as you don't get any !!!!
    I know Jim has fitted one but do not know whether he followed the same wiring as you so have pm' d him.
    My pleasure.

I switched the the quasar also, simple wiring really. Form memory its mark NO, Common and NC on one really and NO / NC on the rest right?

Post a picture of the internals and if Jim or others haven't answered I will try to tomorrow. Right now I'm going to bed!

You are right ref the memory
    Will try a tapatalk , if I can remember how too !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Instructions for the quasar are here:

http://www.quasaruk.co.uk/acatalog/D...20System-1.pdf

The only channel you can get wrong is No1 as there are three possible connections, and I think I did to start with, resulting in only one direction travel. So start with channel 2,3 & 4. Select the wires you want to simulate connecting, run cables from them to the terminals and hey presto.

word of warning coding new remotes - when you connect the jumpers to program a new one it briefly passes power to all relays - meaning it may try to go up and down at same time. In my case this blew a fuse, so either remove roof fuse/s, or remove connections.

let us know how you get on.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post

word of warning coding new remotes - when you connect the jumpers to program a new one it briefly passes power to all relays - meaning it may try to go up and down at same time. .
    Similar experience except in my case I buggered up the unit. I added one extra remote, then screwed something up and now can't add any more remotes and lost the sync to one I have. So I now only have one working remote unless I buy a new unit

So from what I understand
    I give the unit power and earth to start with ( got that one ), then for each I give further power and connect to the limit switches are per your diagram.
    It would have been helpful if the instructions came with the kit !!
    Will update later