Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30383940

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

Dirk & David,

I wondered what you 2 were on about when I read your posts at first but now I get it!

.... and the photos show that the standard that Flatlands can achieve is quite simply ... concours!!!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    My Dash and Dash Top have arrived from Poly-creation.eu

I asked them not to drill out anything (vents/gear lever) on the dash base; which of course they did.
    But I am happy enough with Poly-creation, quality is good, you can call them and they will pick up the phone; that is more than you can say about the US guys, or the Aussie guys for the matter.

I *think* that the dash base will need some adjustment because my Actuators encroach into the cabin slightly so I reckon a small section will need to be scalloped out on either side. I might even remake the centre tunnel (below the centre vent) completely, we'll see.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Looks like a good quality moulding there, very nice

My Mk4 dash has shallow dents/scallops in the sides to allow the canopy hinge pins to clear, so you may be right about having to modify, but the Mk1 dash has less depth than the Mk4 around the edges, so you may be OK. Only a trial fit will tell!
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Your new dash looks really great Steve! That's the sort of dash I'll be aiming for too. I'm going to remove my Mk2 curvy top to reveal the Mk1 base, and then make up a pod for the driver's side, but leave the passenger's side without a pod. Can't make up my mind whether to stick with the standard pod or do something more like this. Not sure who's Nova it is, but I like it! ...

Nice dash with modified pod.jpg

... but I'm a long way off doing that, so I'm just fantasizing at the moment!

Looking forward to seeing your dash in place!

Alistair

That is a shame they did the big cut out for the vent in the middle I am sure that will be hard to get something to fit now, and will need re-glassing. But the dash looks good.

Dirk