Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    That looks really good.
    Keep it solid and use the same method as the Porsche 924.

Steve,

After all the posts about the risks of not having a means of escape vs. the visual benefits if a solid roof, I'd go for the easily removable option.

That way you'll get the best of both worlds, and if we ever get another summer like this one, you'll manage to stay cool ... and look cool at the same time!

Alistair

I would make it a removable panel, Its what I plan to do when I eventual get round to doing the Nova, assuming I ever get the Avante finished.
    I posted some pics of Alexe's the other day.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    My Noreca Headlights arrived today.
    I like the grey primer finish of the fibreglass, it could go straight into the spray booth with minimal further prep...

The metal backing plate doesn't look like stainless, so that will need a lick of paint.
    The unit has captive nuts in the base and the bolts come up from the flat part of the headlight recess (of the Nova body) to hold the unit in place, plus 2 captive bolts at the back above each lamp (visible in pic).
    Overall good quality; Have not tried them on the body yet.

The downside is the price.
    With the Import duty, they were quite a bit more than your Subaru Legacy, Dirk :-(

IMG_20180809_194623.jpg

IMG_20180809_194930.jpg

hmm, unpolished stainless can look like that Steve, so it MIGHT be stainless, but I wouldn't rely on a guess.
    Personally, I would go for what you decided to do, just to be sure.

Very nice,
    I think I would be tempted to take the primer off just to see how they are made (moulded), and if any filler was used.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The unit has captive nuts in the base and the bolts come up from the flat part of the headlight recess (of the Nova body) to hold the unit in place, plus 2 captive bolts at the back above each lamp (visible in pic).

IMG_20180809_194623.jpg

IMG_20180809_194930.jpg
    They have changed their fixing method, on my set it was two captive bolts. Captive nuts makes much more sense

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Very nice,
    I think I would be tempted to take the primer off just to see how they are made (moulded), and if any filler was used.

Dirk

Your wish is my command and as if by magic here you go! (I never delete Nova related photos)

So yes there is a reason they come in primer

It is such a complex shape I assume the mould is split in the middle along its height so you have a bottom and a top if that is the case the top half would need a good finish on both the top and bottom and coming from a country where labour is cheep I can see them spending more time getting the finished article right rather than the mould.

They still look good though.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    My Actuators have arrived, they are Linak LA30s; 12v with a 150mm stroke.
    The LA30 is what the Aussie guys use, it appears to be the only actuator to be strong enough, fast enough, quiet enough and the right shape (compact with narrow enough piston/shaft) to lift the roof.
    It is a well made bit of kit.

The LA30 is custom built to order and has lots of options, the model I purchased was 303200-40150223 which differs from the 'normal' 303200-40150225, the difference being that my model has a 200m cable with jack plug, the *5 model has a 1200mm cable - no plug.

IMG_20180815_155459.jpg

IMG_20180815_155853.jpg

IMG_20180815_155608.jpg

Label.jpg
    Last edited by steve; 15-08-2018 at 09:36 PM.