Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

Since there is a return (lip) all the way around the perimeter of the seat, you could also glue felt on the back of the seat. Its very flexible and installs easily with spray contact cement. Just spray the seat and felt, allow to set and carefully stretch on the the seat back. Trim to fit. It would be simple and inexpensive. Finished product would look very good. Its the same type of felt used inside car trunks on customs.

I used felt on my seats but because I did not have a lip, I sewed a binding edge around the perimeter.

http://www.sterlingkitcars.com/membe...-069-a-12.html
    Last edited by ratrog64; 16-01-2021 at 01:33 PM.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I dont think flocking is the way to go on seats it is not very durable and scratches very easily, it does look good on a roof lining though.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I dont think flocking is the way to go on seats it is not very durable and scratches very easily, it does look good on a roof lining though.

Dirk
    Hi Dirk,

I thought the same initially, but Steve's only thinking about flocking the back of the seats, not the front. I'll be interested to hear how he gets on because I've already been thinking about flocking the inside of my canopy, rear tunnel ... and my dash (once I design and make it!).

Mostin did a really great job on his dash and I'll struggle not to copy it! (Don't worry Mostin, I won't!)

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I've already been thinking about flocking the inside of my canopy, rear tunnel
    Steve's old car, my blue one was originally flocked on the canopy and window tunnel. It is a good choice for items like the canopy that has may sharp turns and concave and convex elements to the inner molding. It does give a nice factory finish

I think I will be flocking my canopy too, it's the most unfinished part of the whole car and is still painted red from the previous owners. My only concern is how to attach the seal afterwards? I think Mostin had some issues with attaching the seal after flocking too? Perhaps the area where the seal is destined to go should be masked off and remain unflocked?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I think I will be flocking my canopy too, it's the most unfinished part of the whole car and is still painted red from the previous owners. My only concern is how to attach the seal afterwards? I think Mostin had some issues with attaching the seal after flocking too? Perhaps the area where the seal is destined to go should be masked off and remain unflocked?
    Flock after the seal is attached, as the flocking only attaches where you put the glue so simply don't put any on the seal

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Here is my '5 mins' from earlier in the week:

I cut down the Granada steering coupling, I will get this machined-down to fit the OEM Polo tube (shown)
    the other end of the tube has the Rack Spigot mount. Both parts will need haircuts to fit, as space is tight between column and Rack.

Eventually these 2 parts will be welded together; However because this is a steering coupling it needs additional measures to secure the joint, such as being drilled and a grub screw inserted..?
    What other options do I have to ensure this joint doesn't fail?

I have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of this Granada coupling, it is a cast part, solid metal, cheap, I am thinking of getting a a spare.

This is what I am looking at for the Dash Vents; the round central vents will re-circulate air; the air from the long thin windscreen vents will be drawn in from outside and heated.
    The bottom right (2 pin holes) shows the position of the side window vents, I have not worked out the details but these will likely be a flattened oval shape.

I haven't been following your build so if you've looked into this please disregard.

If I understand your problem your having a hard time getting a u-joint to operate at a tight angle.

Maybe a solution would be a double u-joint
    The prices on this site are ridiculous, I'm sure you can find these items at a better price at some other place

https://www.flamingriver.com/steerin...joints?cat=124

Many options are out there for attaching it. I don't know your specifics so I can't help much there
    Last edited by Brett; 23-01-2021 at 06:24 PM.

Hi Steve maybe if you make a grove/channel through the tube into the rod inside and use a pinch clamp with the bolt securing the components together very much like the way u/j's clamp onto the flat of the spline sectionWIN_20210123_20_29_46_Pro.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post

Eventually these 2 parts will be welded together; However because this is a steering coupling it needs additional measures to secure the joint, such as being drilled and a grub screw inserted..?
    What other options do I have to ensure this joint doesn't fail?
    When I've done something similar in the past once the two parts were welded together I drilled a small hole all the way through both from one side to the other part way down, then fitted a small solid metal rod then welded that flush on the outer tube