Page 69 of 71 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I am sure Bobby Brown could do the paint work at a good rate, bearing in mind itís his day job !

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I am sure Bobby Brown could do the paint work at a good rate, bearing in mind itís his day job !
    err......He changed job? I don't think Dan use to be a painter

Busted
    We own a print shop and a bodyshop, same building but the printers are upstairs and downstairs we have a fully functioning extremely busy bodyshop.
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Dan, I thought you only had a print shop too .... have to say the quality of your bodywork repairs looks excellent!

Steve, youíve got no excuses now ... címon and get that body the super paint job it deserves!

The photos on there havenít been updated for quite some time, my
    time is short to do it sadly.
    Much more recent ones on the Facebook page, www.facebook.com/custombodyrepair
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Blog Entries
    Version 2 of the inside of my fuel tank:

The outlet is more central in the tank, (60/40) toward the driverís side, it canít be dead centre because the gearbox clearance is so tight underneath.

The baffle is positioned half way across the 25mm outlet, to hold/push fuel down to the fuel pump during left and right cornering.

I was thinking about using baffle foam inside the tank as well, any thoughts?

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/uk/a-h-...re-cut-275334/

Foam filled tanks are much safer in the event of a shunt and take up surprising little capacity.

Personally I would have cut a few 1" holes along the bottom to help fuel flow or you will have two tanks sloshing about rather than one baffled. rather than divided as now, I know the 'baffle' is far from fuel tight around the edges.

Good job though.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Blog Entries
    This is the underside of the fuel tank. Even though I had a couple of attempts at it, I was never happy with the mounting arrangements of the fuel pump and filter. Moving the fuel outlet to a more central position (left of pic), gave me the opportunity to have a re-vamp.

This time I had a plate of 2mm stainless cut out, which attaches to 5 newly welded-on studs on the tank itself, the plate allows me to drill though and mount the fittings securely.
    And it gives me flexibility if I change the pump/filter at any point - I can simply re-drill the existing plate or get a new plate made. The plate sits on neoprene washers to keep the noise/vibration down.

The outlet of the fuel pump will need to extend down (towards the bottom left of the picture) so that the fuel line can run past the banjo/outlet joint, I have been checking online this evening and I have bought a larger check valve which adds another inch+ to the and of the pump to allow this.

The fuel line (10mm OD stainless) will run to the edge of the tank on the three knuckles you can see at the top of picture.

Looking good Steve - this is going to be some machine when it's finished. However, I am in agreement with Alistair and not a fan of the Rat look. I think your car deserves a quality finish. Have you considered a vinyl wrap?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns