Page 56 of 58 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Dave,
    You can also buy extended push rods, which is probably a better way of making the same mod.
    The Master Cylinder push rod can be changed-out without pulling the entire cylinder apart, so could even be done in-car with fluid in the system (remove the circlip under the rubber gaiter).

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3554

I like this pedal box because it is flexible and parts are readily available. The Nova's lack of space and accessibility to the footwell makes maintenance a real pain, even at the chassis build stage it's awkward to work on as all the parts cover each other off.

Steve, Which is the size to go for from the 3 listed? (just trying to save trial and error....and expense)

Its a very impressive looking build, and so nice to be able to get everything connected and tested before the body goes on.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Steve, Which is the size to go for from the 3 listed? (just trying to save trial and error....and expense)
    I will check tonight Dave

Have taken my pedal box out today as still not happy with my front brakes. With the dash in and roof on it is a pig of a job.
    Upped the size of the master cylinder to compensate for the increase in Caliper size.
    Noting all that you have been doing with interest and also use the extenders.

What size masters are you using? I have 2 x 3/8" on 4 pot Wilwoods, seem to work OK, Of course, bigger cylinder, more force needed too.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Gone up from .625 to .7.
    Apologies but don’t remember old money 😂

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What size masters are you using? I have 2 x 3/8" on 4 pot Wilwoods, seem to work OK, Of course, bigger cylinder, more force needed too.
    Hello Mate, 3/8 seems small. Are you sure it isn't 5/8 because that is .625 of an inch.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Gone up from .625 to .7.
    Apologies but don’t remember old money 😂
    Hello Mate,

I have .625 for the front brakes and .7 for the back, I didn't choose these, they came with the kit.
    I thought about using .7 all round as well.
    I have the Clutch on 0.7...

Why have changed-out the Master cylinder for a higher capacity model? What symptoms did you have?
    Did you have lots of pedal travel before the brakes engaged?

Lots of travel purely on the fronts, which is why they would not lock, even with the Dirk mod.
    I have really gone over the measurements and adjustments to ensure I have an equal balance to start with so should be able to assess soon, if it is classed essential of course !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Lots of travel purely on the fronts, which is why they would not lock, even with the Dirk mod.
    I have really gone over the measurements and adjustments to ensure I have an equal balance to start with so should be able to assess soon, if it is classed essential of course !

Hi Mark,
    Interesting. I have Wilwood 2-Pot Calipers up front, Piston Diameter 1.75 (44mm).
    What Piston diameter are your 'Dirk Mod' Calipers ?