Page 89 of 92 FirstFirst ... 39798788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I think I would be tempted to build a frame of 2 x 2 around the seats cover it with insulation foam sheet and put an electric radiator in there. Effectively making a crude cooker, the heat distribution would be much better and confined.

Your lights look very good lets see them lit up

Dirk
    Yeah good thought mate, I will rig something up

Blog Entries
    [...]

Dirk
    The model I chose is one the right, these are 140mm diameter lights you'd see in a set of three hanging off the back of a HGV. I have the 'sliding' indicator:

https://youtu.be/_5-nF8J_PRg

can you select the dynamic direction on the indicators?

Dirk

Blog Entries
    can you select the dynamic direction on the indicators?

Dirk

Hello Mate, The setting is baked-in to the unit. You can't change it.

I think they do a model with a normal blink indicator as well; I found the site difficult to fathom:

WAŚ – Producent lamp samochodowych i urządzeń odblaskowych (was.eu)

EDIT: may have mis-understood your question, these lamps are handed, there is a LH and a RH unit.
    Last edited by steve; 23-12-2020 at 01:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    I think I would be tempted to build a frame of 2 x 2 around the seats cover it with insulation foam sheet and put an electric radiator in there. Effectively making a crude cooker, the heat distribution would be much better and confined.

Dirk

I have built my Oven, and the seats have been cooking for some time now.
    It is not quite to your Spec Dirk - I am using Bubble-wrap for insulation, the heat is from my heat gun.

I think this is working - the Topcoat is hardening evenly across all surfaces.

Apart for the £300 Electric bill that will be landing on the doormat at the end of the month, it's all good.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I have built my Oven, and the seats have been cooking for some time now.
    It is not quite to your Spec Dirk - I am using Bubble-wrap for insulation, the heat is from my heat gun.

I think this is working - the Topcoat is hardening evenly across all surfaces.

Apart for the £300 Electric bill that will be landing on the doormat at the end of the month, it's all good.
    Never mind your £300 electric bill Steve ... I can see the huge gap on the ozone layer over London from way up here in Bonnie Scotland!

Seriously, great work and envious of your progress. For various reasons my build has stalled ... but things are looking up for 2021. Happy New Year when it comes!

Blog Entries
    I have been throwing some serious hours at my build over Xmas & Jan, however progress has been fairly modest to say the least...

My steering column issue still hasn't gone away, the custom UJs solution didn't fly;
    a Plan B option of a custom made splined shaft, to fit to the rack (shown at the bottom of the first pic) didn't quite work either, the Rack spigot would be too long and it exceeded the working angle of the UJ.

That sent me back to Google; and I found a steering coupling from a Ford Granada (top of first pic), it has the Ford Sierra Triangular fitting at one end and the UJ is compact, with a better working angle...

So Plan C is to cut off the rubber rag-joint and fittings from the end of the coupling, then machine the shaft down to 16mm, so that it slides inside the OEM mount tube of the Polo Rack (centre of Pic), the OEM Tube will then need to be shortened, and the steering rack end of the tube adjusted (move the bolt slot) to buy some more space.
    Then I weld and pin the 2 parts together, this is going to be a multi-stage faff, but I should end up with an OEM style coupling, retaining the 25mm adjustability between Rack spigot and coupling.

The working angle of the CBS UJ has been an issue (bottom of pic), the Granada coupling's WA is much better...

The shaft to be cut and machined down, there is a Plan D option (which I hope to avoid) to graft the 2 ends (top right) together ...
    Last edited by steve; 16-01-2021 at 12:42 AM.

Blog Entries
    I want to the seats to fit, operate (i.e. the runners), and look decent.
    Easier said than done.
    These are my seats (the white seat shown in other build pics is a 'build' seat) the seats might be 'pretend carbon fibre' - I'm not sure, but they are pretty light.

They are a good fit for the car IMO, well, good for tall drivers who stay away from lard pies - there is not much wiggle room.

The downside is that they are expensive; and given the cost, the overall finish is poor. I am paying the price for that now...

I had the backs and sides of the seat flowcoated, but the 'coat didn't go off (see my earlier post), anyway they have hardened-up now, but the quality of the flowcoat isn't good enough; so I have started sanding down and the plan is to flock them.
    I might purchase a flocking kit and do the job myself... any thoughts? Has anyone done any DIY flocking before?

The front (gel-coat) of the seats looks OK from 6ft away, but up-close there are some imperfections. I bought a 'clear' gel-coat repair kit (https://www.ecfibreglasssupplies.co....at-repair-kits), so that job is now on the list as well.

The trial fit of the seats was generally OK, but the runners didn't have full movement because the lifter bar fouled the seat base, I warmed the bar with a heat gun and straightened the angle a little, there is one shown in the pic below but both needed doing.

Last edited by steve; 16-01-2021 at 02:22 AM.

For flocking, look at Mostins build thread. He did his own on his car and it looked good 👍

"The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns