Page 24 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    So the roof is fitted and working, one issue with it is that it goes over centre and wobbles when the actuators fully extend. I need to solve that problem, but otherwise seeing the roof attached to the the car feels like an important milestone in the build.

DSCN7427.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Ok mate, I'll do some digging ...

I get the same problem and do have an account

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the feedback on the pics gents.
    I have gone old-school until I have figure out what's happening
    Please get back if the pics still aren't showing

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    So the roof is fitted and working, one issue with it is that it goes over centre and wobbles when the actuators fully extend. I need to solve that problem, but otherwise seeing the roof attached to the the car feels like an important milestone in the build.

DSCN7427.jpg
    Looking great Steve! An important milestone indeed!! ... maybe a good shot for the calendar?

(BTW I can see your photos ok, including the ones in the link to your Dropbox build photos at the foot of your posts)

Alistair

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Looking great Steve! An important milestone indeed!! ... maybe a good shot for the calendar?

(BTW I can see your photos ok, including the ones in the link to your Dropbox build photos at the foot of your posts)

Alistair
    Thanks Alistair, Thank for the confirmation.
    I'll try again with Dropbox on my next post

Hi Steve,

It is looking great and good to see the roof is working, I think you can buy limit switches and a gizmo that syncs the motors to work at the same speed from Linak.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Just a follow-up on the Fibreglass repairs;

One of the previous owners of the car had some cutting disks and wasn't afraid to use them:
    When I bought the car the vendor mentioned that the front wheel arches had been cut away, but even after seeing the pictures I didn't apprecate the extent of the 'glass that had been lost.

More obvious were the rear modifications:
    If God had intended the car to have an oversized petrol tank,
    I think he would have made the window aperture somewhat larger to avoid this:

Anyway, the repairs are solid (they have been rubbed down since this pic) here's the front arches:
    We (ahem) were testing the integrity of the front/boot repairs (a gazillion holes were fixed) so we left the shell in the rain for a couple of days...

I am really pleased with the back panel area, a tricky repair, again it has come out very solid.

Like all things Nova, it's a case of 2 steps forward and 1 step back ...
    The front undertray was also included in the wheelarch hack :-(
    I have asked poly-creation.eu to make up some repair panels.

Last edited by steve; 07-10-2018 at 11:06 PM.

They have done a really good job on the repairs.

Seeing the photo again of the back before the repairs I can see the Subaru gearbox and engine mount, I know your plan is to keep the box and put a type 4 engine in with an adaptor plate how are you planning on mounting the engine since the Subargears mounting also holds the gearbox in place?

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    They have done a really good job on the repairs.

Seeing the photo again of the back before the repairs I can see the Subaru gearbox and engine mount, I know your plan is to keep the box and put a type 4 engine in with an adaptor plate how are you planning on mounting the engine since the Subargears mounting also holds the gearbox in place?

Dirk
    Hi Dirk,
    Yes I'm not using the Sugarugers mount that's visible on the frame horns (above).
    Flatlands have created a custom mount for my Scooby box, such that it mounts onto the end of the frame horns in the same way as the VW 'box does.
    The original plan was to purchase a Type 4 mount from Subarugears, but it was on backorder for 6 weeks, then the dates slipped... it was a blocker on the build, so I asked FL if they could create a bracket.

I'm using the standard Subarugears mount for the 'pointy' end of the gearbox.

Great work in repairing all the fibreglass. I'm surprised you didn't go out and simply source a better shell instead of repairing the old one- there's still a few about - Dirk's got most of them...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns