Page 25 of 147 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    If God had intended the car to have an oversized petrol tank,
    I think he would have made the window aperture somewhat larger to avoid this:

Haha - my rear bodywork looks just like that! Fortunately the louvre covers the gaping hole, necessary to fit the engine and transaxle support structure.

Repairs look really good, they look like they have been done with matching gel coat, is the plan to leave the body colour au naturale or paint it?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Great work in repairing all the fibreglass. I'm surprised you didn't go out and simply source a better shell instead of repairing the old one- there's still a few about - Dirk's got most of them...
    I only have 1 with a good body but even that hasn't got a rear valence and both the others have had the rear valance cut up. So just as much work or even more.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Great work in repairing all the fibreglass. I'm surprised you didn't go out and simply source a better shell instead of repairing the old one- there's still a few about - Dirk's got most of them...
    You've got a point mate, although it feels good to have 'rescued' a badly hacked bodyshell.
    Thinking about the basket-case projects that have come up for sale recently, quite a few had significant bits missing from the bulkhead, head or rear light areas.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    [...]

Repairs look really good, they look like they have been done with matching gel coat, is the plan to leave the body colour au naturale or paint it?

Lauren
    They have been repaired in gel-coat, and yes it will be 'au naturale'
    I wasn't sure how the repairs would look - but as a rat-look car, having 'scars' on show is a part of the deal.

Blog Entries
    This is the 2.0L Type 4 lump I plan on fitting.
    It is a GE Code with the old-school VW fuel injection.

I will get this reconditioned and the plan is to go for after-market fuel injection.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

I will get this reconditioned and the plan is to go for after-market fuel injection.
    Hi Steve,

Ever since you 1st said that you wanted to change the Subaru flat 6 in your Nova to a non Subaru engine (David and Dirk will be shocked!!) I've been waiting for this moment!

After the superb attention to you've lavished on your your chassis, and body repairs, I'm very much looking forward to your future posts on the 2.0L Type 4 lump!!

Alistair

Just curious, what are the benefits of this engine compared to the Subaru ?

Unless you are familiar with injector mapping and ECU programming I would steer clear of that option, I fitted a single micro squirt to a 250 OHC engine and it took weeks to get it running, let alone 'right'. Nothing in this field is plug in and go.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Just curious, what are the benefits of this engine compared to the Subaru ?

The benefit is it is still air cooled so no need for the extra work on the radiator and the wiring is far more simple, but that is it for benefits in my opinion, although I am sure Steve will be able to list a hold load more benefits

Down side it is about 35 bhp down comparing standard to standard
    There are not many about
    They are expensive to buy (what did you pay Steve?)
    Parts are expensive and not so easy to locate.

Dirk

And nots let forget the absence of water heating for that lovely British weather and screen demisting.