Page 70 of 71 FirstFirst ... 206068697071 LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    That is a much neater install of the filter and pump nice work.

Dirk

The attention to detail and no compromise installs of various components on your car is an inspiration. Its great having OCD folk on the site

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    The attention to detail and no compromise installs of various components on your car is an inspiration. Its great having OCD folk on the site

It's not essential to have a low-level personality disorder to build a Nova, but it does help at times

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    It's not essential to have a low-level personality disorder to build a Nova, but it does help at times
    Love the answer...LOL

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Looking good Steve - this is going to be some machine when it's finished. However, I am in agreement with Alistair and not a fan of the Rat look. I think your car deserves a quality finish. Have you considered a vinyl wrap?

I am going to stop calling it 'Rat Look' and start calling it '1990s RestoMod Barn-find'

I do like vinyl wraps and given the difficulties in painting fibreglass (and having it look good 18 months later) I think a wrap is a good option - but not right now on this build.

Q: Is it essential to have properly filled. sanded & smoothed bodywork for a wrap?
    The answer is probably yes, but do you need the same level of surface prep for a Paint job vs a Vinyl wrap?

On a paint job, as I am sure Dan will agree, it all in the prep',
    A good filler primer rubbed down will cover a multitude of sins.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I think the 'Rat look' or even 'barn find look' is not nice, a 'fad' in the 1990s but not so much now.

Always gives ME the impression the owner either lacks the skills, money , time or inclination to do a proper job.

But hey, That's just IMHO.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Q: Is it essential to have properly filled. sanded & smoothed bodywork for a wrap?
    The answer is probably yes, but do you need the same level of surface prep for a Paint job vs a Vinyl wrap?
    Absolutely - vinyl is just like a thin layer of paint and will not mask or hide any imperfections. Ask me how I know..

IMG_9718[1].jpg
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    ...... given the difficulties in painting fibreglass (and having it look good 18 months later) .....
    I dunno, mine was prepped and painted by a friend of mine in the late 1980’s and whilst admittedly it’s spent most of the time since then indoors it’s lasted remarkably well, including the joints between panels which were de-seamed.

I am going to stop calling it 'Rat Look' and start calling it '1990s RestoMod Barn-find'

I do like vinyl wraps and given the difficulties in painting fibreglass (and having it look good 18 months later) I think a wrap is a good option - but not right now on this build.

If you're going to wrap it you will need to paint it for a good surface for it to bond, also this is the bit you won't like they recommend at least 6 months old , so when being pulled on and of during fitting it doesn't pull the paint off