Page 41 of 147 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    There has been a lot of talk about air flow through the cabin recently, here are my two cabin vent(s) on either side of the main tube. These are 42mm, cut to fit a vent from Car Builders Solutions (sitting on the tube). There were previously 2 brake line holes in these spots, one of them quite large ~30mm, so rather than fill these in, I enlarged them.
    The vents will be fitted to ~150mm flexi hose tucked in front of the rear torsion tube, visible through the holes.

What happened to the 'original' chassis number? Sight of it in it's 'original' state and position is usually required in any test / documentation.

Over here in fascist land they even check on the ITV, (MoT)
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I always liked the execution of the trim and wood veneer panels on this one too. Very OEM looking
    A very 'pro' look to the dash but the centre console/handbrake looks very DIY and chunky, a more rounded, smoother out look would have gone with the dash lines better but all in all, very nice.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What happened to the 'original' chassis number? Sight of it in it's 'original' state and position is usually required in any test / documentation.

Peter, I can see the end of it to the right of the black plastic vent. Incidentally, when I painted my chassis I polished the area of the chassis number and then masked off a rectangle around it so that it clearly stands out .... maybe something for Steve to consider when his chassis turns shiny black sometime soon?
    Alistair

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post

Alistair is right, the chassis number is there mate,
    I'll keep it visible after paint - good point.
    it's also on the VIN plate which will be in the front compartment.
    Last edited by steve; 18-06-2019 at 09:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Some custom bits have arrived for the PPC Nova;

I wanted all the chassis bushes to match;
    so I had some made in yellow for the anti-roll bar and some shortened bump stops in yellow.

I don't like the stock VW IRS pivot bolt 'lock' mechanism.
    These weld-on rings allow a 5mm stainless pin to slide in across the bolt to prevent it coming out.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking that the welded joint that attaches the rear tube to the corner of the 'pan is a weak 'link' in the chassis, so I had a fill piece made of 7mm steel, it connects the rear tube to the box section perimeter of the pan.

Blog Entries
    I'm using these bolts to secure the body to the pan, they are A4 stainless, M12 bolt with a M8 clevis mount head. The Clevis mount will be visible inside the car.
    The bolts will be used to mount a tube frame for the steering column and a roll cage inside the cabin.

Nice engineering Steve. They look expensive! ... presumably you only need 6 or 8 of them for the roll cage and steering column, so why use them all round? (if indeed you are?)

Must say I'm really looking forward to seeing your 'rat look' Nova up close one day with all that 'hidden' quality engineering underneath!!

Keep the updates coming!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I was thinking that the welded joint that attaches the rear tube to the corner of the 'pan is a weak 'link' in the chassis, so I had a fill piece made of 7mm steel, it connects the rear tube to the box section perimeter of the pan.
    Have to agree with you here. For all the metal involved, a bit of 'belt & braces' looks like a good move, especially at the 'body off' stage ... I might just do the same ... unless you've copyrighted it already!

Alistair