Page 58 of 61 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast
Results 571 to 580 of 607

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

  1. #571
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Steve, Which is the size to go for from the 3 listed? (just trying to save trial and error....and expense)

    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3554


    Hi Dave,
    I checked this evening and you need pushrods of between 90 - 94mm to give the right level of adjustability.
    So the mid-sized one in the above link would suit (3.7in = 94mm).

    However if you are sending to the UK search "Master Cylinder Replacement Push Rod 5/16" on Ebay as there are UK suppliers out there.

    For info this is the circlip that needs to come out to replace the pushrod, it can be done without draining the system.

    IMG_20200325_2017474.jpg

  2. #572
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=3554


    Hi Dave,
    I checked this evening and you need pushrods of between 90 - 94mm to give the right level of adjustability.
    So the mid-sized one in the above link would suit (3.7in = 94mm).

    However if you are sending to the UK search "Master Cylinder Replacement Push Rod 5/16" on Ebay as there are UK suppliers out there.

    For info this is the circlip that needs to come out to replace the pushrod, it can be done without draining the system.

    IMG_20200325_2017474.jpg
    much appreciated Steve, duly ordered from eBay

  3. #573
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Cold night in the garage.
    I made a mistake in fitting the rear disk pads, the spring 'ears' of the pads weren't sitting correctly, causing the pads to rattle, I remove the calipers and it was an easy enough fix at this stage. I took the opportunity to measure the diameter of the single pot piston of the rear EMPI calipers, it is 32mm - more on that later.

    I installed the bearings and fitted the front hubs, it was a lot easier than the rear.
    The original owner/builder of this car told me that he brought the donor Beetle back from Germany, and it was a 6 Volt, LHD car, sure enough the left hand hub has the hole for the speedo cable.
    I don't plan on using the stock VW set-up, I will use a GPS or Driveshaft sensor type speedo.

    I seem to have lost the end-caps for the front hubs (that cover the lock nut) I can't remember if any were on the car when I got it. I will try to get a pair online from the usual suspects assuming their online shops are still operating.





  4. #574
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    ........

    I seem to have lost the end-caps for the front hubs (that cover the lock nut) I can't remember if any were on the car when I got it. I will try to get a pair online from the usual suspects assuming their online shops are still operating.
    I received an order from Machine7 last week and have just ordered a new clutch kit & flywheel, fuel pump and a few other bits from them tonight. Their website says they're still trading online so fingers crossed. Other suppliers are (probably) also available.

  5. #575
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I received an order from Machine7 last week and have just ordered a new clutch kit & flywheel, fuel pump and a few other bits from them tonight. Their website says they're still trading online so fingers crossed. Other suppliers are (probably) also available.

    Hi Alistair, Thanks, I like Machine7 as well, I have picked up various bits from them.
    I have just done the research on the part I need:
    it is an EMPI only part (22-2944) not available in the UK, looking at US suppliers now - gotta love those import taxes :-(

  6. #576
    I love that workmanship, so much better body off.
    I was thinking, again, those reservoirs look nice but won't they be awkward to get to when the body is on and wheel fitted? also subject to crap from wheels. Just going on my experience with the X force 550 buggys that have a similar position.
    Maybe three tubes and remote them into the boot?
    I converted mine that way with a single 3 way pot set up, but,,,,, each unto their own.
    Front of cylinders.jpg
    With hindsight I would have gone for pendulum rear facing cylinders too. Mounted on a vertical panel that would sit behind (drivers side) of the bulkhead. But I am stupid and went Locost. lots of roof in that area.

    Rear pedals.jpg
    Kind of thing
    Last edited by Peter; 30-03-2020 at 01:48 PM.



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  7. #577
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Alistair, Thanks, I like Machine7 as well, I have picked up various bits from them.
    I have just done the research on the part I need:
    it is an EMPI only part (22-2944) not available in the UK, looking at US suppliers now - gotta love those import taxes :-(
    Hi Steve,

    Maybe worth trying to find one 2nd hand in the uk before trying abroad. Or possibly going down the 3D printing route? (but I must admit I don’t know anything about that technology so don’t know if it’s appropriate for this type of situation).

    PS .... I’ve just looked on Machine7’s website and they appear to have them in stock. Maybe worth giving them a call to check before ordering though

    Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 30-03-2020 at 02:47 PM. Reason: PS added

  8. #578
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I love that workmanship, so much better body off.
    I was thinking, again, those reservoirs look nice but won't they be awkward to get to when the body is on and wheel fitted? also subject to crap from wheels. Just going on my experience with the X force 550 buggys that have a similar position.
    Maybe three tubes and remote them into the boot?
    I converted mine that way with a single 3 way pot set up, but,,,,, each unto their own.
    Front of cylinders.jpg
    With hindsight I would have gone for pendulum rear facing cylinders too. Mounted on a vertical panel that would sit behind (drivers side) of the bulkhead. But I am stupid and went Locost. lots of roof in that area.

    Rear pedals.jpg
    Kind of thing

    Cheers man, I want to make body removal as easy as possible, that's why the reservoir's are fitted there.
    I take your points though, it's a compromise.
    Having the Rese's on the Master cylinders also allows me to get the brakes set-up and working with the body off the car, i.e. much easier access.

  9. #579
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,114
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Steve,

    Maybe worth trying to find one 2nd hand in the uk before trying abroad. Or possibly going down the 3D printing route? (but I must admit I donít know anything about that technology so donít know if itís appropriate for this type of situation).

    PS .... Iíve just looked on Machine7ís website and they appear to have them in stock. Maybe worth giving them a call to check before ordering though

    Alistair

    Hi Alistair, Just checked and they have a good selection - not sure about my one ;-)
    It needs a 48.5mm inside diameter, seems like a non-stock fitting...

    IMG_20200330_1916046.jpg

  10. #580
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Alistair, Just checked and they have a good selection - not sure about my one ;-)
    It needs a 48.5mm inside diameter, seems like a non-stock fitting...

    IMG_20200330_1916046.jpg
    Must say I'm really pleased with Machine7's help during the current crisis (as I said before, other suppliers are available though!)

    Anyway, why not give them a call with your photo, and find out if the ones they sell could be engineered to fit your hubs and then find an engineering workshop, or perhaps a friendly Euro Nova Member (who has a few Nova bodies and a road going Avante) with lots of tools ... I'm sure you know who I mean! who could fine tune it to fit?

    Must be better than buying from the States when Trump is leading them into an even longer recession than Europe's likely to have!!

    (Sorry for the wee political outburst)

    Alistair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •