Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I'm loving your build Steve ... that's gotta be a first!!

No? .... OK, can anyone who has a footrest in their Nova/Avante/SS please take one step (pardon the pun!) forward now!

.... if Para Handy (Scottish Captain of a Clyde Puffer ... just google it) was into Novas do you know what he'd say about your footrest?

He'd say ... "Steve it's just sublime, so it is!"

I'm really looking forward to meeting you and your Nova one day!

Alistair

You are the most positive person on this forum !

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I'm not sure you have an issue with these pedals as they are they are designed for race use cars where your bum is almost on the floor. I have the same pedal box and do not find the angles an issue the biggest problem for me is the spacing between the pedals being very tight and shoes catching the wrong pedals, I have bought some cheep racing boots which are great for driving in, but bloody uncomfortable to walk in being so thin.

Dirk
    Hello mate, well we'll see. I had a problem with my first car (i.e. difficulty trying not to rest my foot on the clutch), and having spent some time sat in this car recently the same issue exists with this pedal box.
    Like all these things, I haven't turned a wheel on the road in this car, so I just prep as best I can;
    It'll all come out in the wash ;-)
    Interesting to hear about catching the wrong pedals though ...

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    You are the most positive person on this forum !
    You've made my day Steve.

I have some people in my life who tend to be negative, so I do my best to be positive every day ... we're only here once, so why waste time being negative?

I'm really looking forward to meeting up with our Novas one day!

Contrary to common belief I am NOT negative, I am just a 'grumpy ol' man.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hello mate, well we'll see. I had a problem with my first car (i.e. difficulty trying not to rest my foot on the clutch), and having spent some time sat in this car recently the same issue exists with this pedal box.
    Like all these things, I haven't turned a wheel on the road in this car, so I just prep as best I can;
    It'll all come out in the wash ;-)
    Interesting to hear about catching the wrong pedals though ...
    Hi Steve, I misread your post i saw the cone shape and thought you where extending the pedal, it will be interesting to see if it works, I think for me it would have to be too far back from the pedal to avoid my feet catching it when pressing the clutch, then bringing the foot rest back enough not to catch it would mean my leg would be bent rather than straight which would interfere with the steering wheel.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    I fitted the Steering Rack, tie rods, front beam brace.
    One glitch; to get the drivers side beam brace sitting square on the tube, it fouled against the Steering rack bracket, another Angle Grinder fix...

I noticed a potential problem with the Steering rack bracket, there is a water trap in the square box section that holds captive nuts for the attaching to the beam, I drilled a 6mm drain hole and painted the inside with waxoyl to protect it.

I trial fitted the front brake callipers, there was no way to lock-off the 2 attach bolts so I drilled 3mm holes in the bolt heads that I will use for locking wire.
    Those cobalt drill bits (recommended on this forum a while ago) are awesome, the bolts were hardened 10.9 grade, but no problem drilling though.

Your steering rack install is looking the business, I may have to go down this path myself as my Triumph Dolomite set-up was getting a bit iffy on the last MOT

Looking very smart.

Dirk

Very nice👍
    Gonna have to read back through to find what rack system you are using, and whether it can be a straight steering box replacement ....

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Very nice👍
    Gonna have to read back through to find what rack system you are using, and whether it can be a straight steering box replacement ....

join the queue!! I've got the rack and special brackets, but missing all the other fittings. I'm hoping it can be done with a body on! (Blue Nova)

VW Polo MK2 86C