Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Maybe fill them with fibreglass and then cut holes at precisely the diameter/shape you require?

Haha ... great minds think alike David!

I'm more of a 3d print man myself ....

Time to learn a new skill then, it isn't that hard!

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Time to learn a new skill then, it isn't that hard!
    Its not hard, and what have you got to loose it can all be undone to try again if it goes pear shaped. A bit of cardboard covered in tin foil taped to the topside a couple of layers of tissue about the size of the hole then 2 or 3 layers of mat run over the hole a few inches wider than the hole job done.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    For someone who owns a Fibreglass car, I have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to using the stuff
    ... now, where did I put that Tinkercad manual

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    For someone who owns a Fibreglass car, I have a bit of a blind spot when it comes to using the stuff

These guys do some great "how to" videos...... grab a coffee, watch the video, order the supplies......and have fun

https://www.easycomposites.co.uk/learning

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I totally suck at fibre glass work, that's why I use plywood mostly, no bucks, moulds, etc. Wish I could work with the stuff but my attempts have resulted in disasters.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

I have a set of the 'old' Osprey restoration books, and this one was considered the fibreglass bible in its time - it contains valueble information on everything from repairs to moulds etc...
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Restore-Fib.../dp/0850455561

60 quid, better be good. I follow all the guides and know hat to do, it just turns out crap!
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Blog Entries
    Yeah the book is obviously out of print, if they are asking that much for it it's probably a great book.
    The youtube vids posted above are also very good.

It seems like you guys are determined that I should better myself and learn a new skill...
    I know you have my best interests at heart :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    60 quid, better be good. I follow all the guides and know hat to do, it just turns out crap!
    I think one thing to remember when working with fiberglass mat is once the resin is added to the fiberglass mat the glue that holds the glass fibers together dissolves and when that happens the fibers in the mat are now free to move anywhere. So how and when you add the resin makes a difference.