Page 3 of 147 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    At first glance of the vehicle I reckon I've overpaid, perhaps a 2k pricetag would have been a more realistic price, but I put in big maximum bid (sniper protection -and there was some late smash & grab activity) without seeing the vehicle, I rolled the dice.
    Well if you want to make yourself feel better about the price, just remember 28 years ago I paid almost 25% more than that for mine, albeit mine was a runner and nicely finished . So taking inflation into account over 28 years you got an absolute bargain .

just stay away from those self-tappers with this one!

just looked at the bidding, its very strange the winning bid was put in 2 days earlier than other bids

s***_( 124) £2,702.52 25-Feb-17 12:12:06 GMT
    u***h( 1507) £2,652.52 27-Feb-17 12:02:14 GMT

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    just looked at the bidding, its very strange the winning bid was put in 2 days earlier than other bids

s***_( 124) £2,702.52 25-Feb-17 12:12:06 GMT
    u***h( 1507) £2,652.52 27-Feb-17 12:02:14 GMT
    Quite common Dave. It just means that Steve made his decision early about what he was prepared to pay and no one who bid later put a bid that beat Steve's initial one.

Mick
    Club Nova Member

MicksRedNova2 may take longer than the original!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Mick has the position exactly. I only made one bid for the car, on the date shown (a maximum bid).
    But on the listing itself, my bid only ever appeared as ~50 quid more that the current bid.

So whenever someone else put a bid in, an automatic bid from me would appear, up to my Max.
    That explains why u***h entered 4 late bids, apparently bidding against himself.

It's a good strategy to ward off late-bidding snipers, or if you are at work when the Auction ends
    or determined to get your item. The downside is that you're less likely to pick up bargain.

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Quite common Dave. It just means that Steve made his decision early about what he was prepared to pay and no one who bid later put a bid that beat Steve's initial one.

Mick
    That makes sense now

Nice pick up, but the fuel tank is in up side down!

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Good basis for a person with the time, money and skills, defo not a beginners project. I don't get the hacked frame head for the steering though???

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    ...must admit that the hacked frame head would worry me! Is that a safe thing to do!?!
    Hi Gents,Yeah, I'll certainly need to do something here. But at this stage of the build (i.e. Body off) it
    shouldn't be too hard to rectify (I'll be outsourcing the chassis build, they can check & sort it).

The Nova build manual suggests attacking (lowering) this area with a club hammer so that the long track rod doesn't foul on the frame head, that's not an ideal solution either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Nice one, did they give you the rear section that they cut out above the tank? or does that need remaking?

Dirk
    I have just spent some quality time with the various boxes of bits that came with the car, and yes I do have a (90%) fill piece, that's something.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Ah It's Ant's Old car! I know it well, though it wasn't Penzance, it was villages within 20 miles of. That one has an interesting history and had a lot of slightly daft things done to it.... The fuel tank sized hole accomodated a Vovlo tank for a while I think. I hope someone has addressed the floorpan drops being held together entirely by large pop rivets and nary a weld to be seen?

Yes, I have a receipt from Ant from when he had the car re-wired in Penzance, so that makes sense.
    With all the other boxes of bits in-situ, I didn't notice the floorpans, but there are plenty of pop rivets in other places ;-) Do you know anything else about the history of the car?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    just stay away from those self-tappers with this one!
    It was the 1980's, the world was different, I had hair; sometimes it fell in frount of my eyes ;-)