Page 92 of 92 FirstFirst ... 4282909192

Thread: Nova Kitcar Subaru flat-six PPC magazine project car or scoobynova.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    When I get further down my to-do list I was going to shoot texture coat over the back of my seats. Expensive by rattlecan standards but a lot cheaper than flocking.

And seeing as I have used it everywhere else in my cockpit, it should blend in nicely

Sorry to hear about the flocoat problem. Was it just the final finish you were unhappy with?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I had the dashtop scanned and put on a CNC table, this was to cut the vent holes accurately
    and get the 3D print top fittings to match-up.

Pictured below is the Fuse box hatch being cut out and the 3D printed lid.

Further down is the side window vents (on the pointed ends of the dash base) again CNC cut
    with 3D print top vents.

The bottom photo is a 70mm centrifugal fan with a 3D mounting, it is rubber mounted and sits
    right under the outlet.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I had the dashtop scanned and put on a CNC table, this was to cut the vent holes accurately
    and get the 3D print top fittings to match-up .......
    Steve,

I've said it before and I'll say it again .... with this attention to detail on stuff that folk can't see as you drive her along the road ............ surely she deserves a stunning paint job to match those beautiful wheels

.... rat look simply won't do!

Alistair

wow, you really are pushing the envelope with using CNC to cut your holes and 3D printing mountings for everything!

I admire your attention to detail, and ability to do that stuff (even if outsourced)
    Last edited by islandman; 19-02-2021 at 12:32 AM.

fantastic cutting edge stuff very impressive.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    [...]
    Sorry to hear about the flocoat problem. Was it just the final finish you were unhappy with?

Lauren

I had the underside of the front compartment done, which came out pretty good, but the 'coat on the seats didn't go off (until I baked it for 3 days) and even then the quality wasn't what I was after...
    Anyway, so I waited until the coldest week of the year and spent a couple of evenings outdoors grinding it all off ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    wow, you really are pushing the envelope with using CNC to cut your holes and 3D printing mountings for everything!

I admire your attention to detail, and ability to do that stuff (even if outsourced)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    fantastic cutting edge stuff very impressive.

Dirk
    Cheers Gents, I wanted this to be a mainly outsourced build, the 3D Print stuff has gone to plan in that respect, because I found a great 3D freelancer to work with, who takes my ideas and improves on them (as Flatlands did also), it has worked well for 3D, some of my other outsourcing attempts have gone to crap, but that is self-build cars for you.