Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carfest South 2017

Nice update Jim. The Nova's look great with the sun shining.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

This Years show was the best ever for the weather, with many red faces walking around at the end of the event. It is now time to start thinking about Carfest 2018 & if you would like to attend.

We are still to reach the maximum number of one make cars on the stand & almost got there for one but electrical gremlins put pay to that.

Until the next date is announced I think it is safe to assume that it will be on the long weekend in August. If you would like to attend with your car then please PM me or put it in your planner. When the event is nearer I will ask again for a show of interest. You do not have to commit to all 3 days as some of the regulars are flexible on their arrangements.

So until then, keep beavering away on your builds so that 2018 can be the year we break all attendance records.

Cheers

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Hi all,

A bumper edition of Complete Kit Car (October issue) goes on sale this weekend with many Nova and Family Horsley references!

There is my write up of Goodwood Classic Car Sunday including pictures of my Nova, and Martha meeting many of the Revival actors/actresses getting ready for the big event.

There is my Our Cars update with more Nova and buggy updates, and another picture of Martha

And most importantly The Carfest South 2017 write up across two pages. Includes a large picture of our stand on the Friday with 4 Novas on display. Also a picture of the Club Nova members at the end of Sunday still smiling! Oh, and Pudsey bear on my Nova!

And finally the 'When Martha met Lord March... continued' column with pictures of her and the then Lord, now a Duke!

Enjoy!
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Just got my copy today Jim .... well done for raising the profile of the Nova in the kit car press and at the shows you and others attended this year. There were many years when the car simply didn't feature. Looking forward to joining you all once my car's back on the road.
    Alistair

Fantastic photo's- really does the car proud- well done!
    Cheers

Colin

I received my copy through the post last week, I was surprised to see myself in print. I'm the guy on the right hand end of the Carfest group, just in case you wondered who we all are.

Lot's of interest in the Nova's at Carfest, great to see such an old car design still pulling in the crowds.

Seems to be a delay in the iPad version being available, hearing all the comments I eagerly checked for the latest downloads and it's not there yet

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Just got my copy today Jim .... well done for raising the profile of the Nova in the kit car press and at the shows you and others attended this year. There were many years when the car simply didn't feature. Looking forward to joining you all once my car's back on the road.
    Alistair
    Thanks Alistair - we are very lucky that we manage to combine Sarah's hobby (photography) and mine (cars) and turn it into a small second job. Never thought when we first met the CKC team with my first Nova in 2007 that we would be working with them 10 years later!

David - I am sure digital issue should go live today/tomorrow. CKC have now updated their facebook stream to current issue.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post
    ..... Never thought when we first met the CKC team with fmy first Nova in 2007 that we would be working with them 10 years later!
    You're doing a great job Jim .... long may you continue to work with them! Alistair