Thread: Eagle soft top

Eagle soft top

Interesting looking Eagle soft top with Pinto engine.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/162427036798

Cheers,

Colin

It goes to show just how much putting a totally different screen does to mess up the design - whilst giving a much more practical cabin space!
    It's a 49 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

And yet - if it wasn't for the awful soft top - it would still be quite an attractive car. Surely someone could come up with a bolt on/removable hard top to bring some dignity back to this wretched design..
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

It seems the poor ol' Eagle 2+2 is as 'Marmite' as ever. Not surprising it was sold by Dutton as it was Tim Dutton along with his cousin Allen Breeze who started Eagle Cars back in 1981. There seem to be as many versions of the 2+2 as there are 2+2s, I have yet to see two the same design.
    That soft top is horrible I agree and they did make a hard top and a Targa but as I said, no two the same.
    Hope it goes to a good home and not some Ford guy who needs the parts. as has happened to a couple of Ford based Eagles as well as VW based cars.
    Last edited by Peter; 14-03-2017 at 05:56 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It seems the poor ol' Eagle 2+2 is as 'Marmite' as ever. Not surprising it was sold by Dutton as it was Tim Dutton along with his cousin Allen Breeze who started Eagle Cars back in 1981. There seem to be as many versions of the 2+2 as there are 2+2s, I have yet to see two the same design.
    That soft top is horrible I agree and they did make a hard top and a Targa but as I said, no two the same.
    Hope it goes to a good home and not some Ford guy who needs the parts. as has happened to a couple of Ford based Eagles as well as VW based cars.
    I Pete,

I buy the eagle 2 +

Obviously it will be restored and not desable to serve as spare parts.
    The car was new to buy at Dutton (it a factory build) in September 1985 it ran 10 years and made 6250 miles.

Then is stay for 20 years in a barn (she have a very old V5 in one part) never change and not on DLVA data base.

The car was destined to make the track and received a preparation "Racing" rool bar, circuit breaker, millimeter tires, Revolution wide rims and engine preparation by Kent Cams.

The interior is almost new and the body in very good condition (very dirty and dusty with rust).

The chassis is rusty but not gravity, the silent block is dead and the brakes out of service (rust).

The engine is partially disassembled, the cylinder head is split (the owner gave me another).

I am pleased with this purchase because even in my craziest dreams, I will never think I can buy this car.

It will be pampered and has already joined my Eagle SS V8 and my Eagle RV, still find a Sendetto, a Milan 2, a Hensen M30 and Avante (I have a little room in the garage).

I search too the advertising book "The kit cars of Eagle Cars" present in another post.
    Last edited by Leggara; 03-04-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Hi Leggara,
    I am pleased to hear the 2+2 is going to a good home and an Eagle enthusiast as well. I am sure it will find a god home in France, Bonne Chance mon ami.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Hi Leggara,

Congratulations on your purchase, I hope you are going to start your own thread in the Your Cars section on the forum and keep us updated on your restoration.

Dirk

Hi Dick,

Thank you, yes I will create a post to tell the restoration phase as much as I buy yesterday a second Eagle 2 + (white color)
    The car was to sell (2000 £) quite expensive on CarAndClassic, as the seller was near that of the 1st that I buy on Ebay (blue color).
    The month I went looking for the blue, I was seeing the white and I made a proposal that was accepted and I came back to look for it yesterday ...
    The blue was not known on the site of the owner of Eagle (1st hands with a very old V5 of 1985! Never replace).
    The white is known but without trace to the DLVA, which is normal because it was recorded under the brand Ealge kitcar instead of Eagle ...