Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stoneleigh 2017

Stoneleigh 2017

TO all CLUB NOVA members,

Stoneleigh is fast approaching & the club will be catering for paid up club members on Sunday. To ensure we provide enough food & don't over spend can I please ask that those attending the show to indicate their intension here.

I have also been thinking about the clubs future & how it could look. One thing that I believe is missing is a club icon. We don't have any branding or club emblem that I am aware of. I throwing this open to you, the club members, for your suggestions & ideas. Either post them here or send me a personal message via this site.

Looking forward to seeing every one very soon.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Liz and I intend to be there as usual... Car permitting!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

We will be there, minus the car this year!

Myself and Ellen, Ray and Diane and both his novas this year Martin.

Sarah, Martha and I should be there both days, but not camping. Have booked a local hotel.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Bushboy, I will be there on the Sunday.

To update my previous post, the car should now be there!

I will be there, to say Hi and to renew my membership, but not in the Nova

While I should be able to get the car just up to snuff to pass its MOT - I need to fit a new brake light switch and fully re-check/bleed the whole system - it would certainly be a minimum pass & I'd prefer to put some more time into it before venturing on a 170 mile round trip.

However, I am also in the final throes of planning my wedding and I don't think I can commit the time to do all the asks I'd want to do, in the time available.

So I've decided to postpone the MOT until I've had a chance to do a few more jobs (and do them properly), so I can be certain of a solid MOT pass, firm in the knowledge that the car is capable of of an extended trip.

That said, I'm certainly looking forward to seeing you all (probably on the Monday, as I need to be at the Stanford Hall VW show on the Sunday)!

cheers

Paul
    cheers

Paul

Hope to see you all there.

Here is a sneak preview of the other Pie Valley exhibit. MG suspension but without the subframe and using an Audi V6 and transaxle. Not as evocative as the Subaru, but much cheaper to buy and much easier to package. Thanks for prompting me to have another look at it Dirk - I'd originally discounted it but binning a the fans and oil cooler allowed it to squeeze in to the same chassis that just fitted the Subaru flat four!

The transverse Rover V6 (and hopefully some others) will fit too - and give 90mm more cabin space than a longitudinal installation.

But most intriguingly, the V8 is only around 50mm longer...!

Cheers,

Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Wow - now that has potential. I always wondered about an in-line V6 (my personal preference was the Alfa Busso V6), and the Audi FWD transaxle has become the goto option for mid-engine installations. And VAG of course, which maintains the spiritual link to the VW!
    only Pythagoras can save me now!