Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Sterling Sports Car

Hybrid View

The New Sterling Sports Car

It's official now...Bob Welsh bought Sterling Sports Cars from David.

https://sterlingsportscars.com/

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    all good news! still a little work to finish on the new site, but looking good.

I went through the 'Customer Gallery' and was surprised to see pic 32 and 33 of 42, as its my car! (that's made my day!)
    Really really must get some work done on it this year! `¬)

P.S. the first yellow cars seem to have a different hinge system, with fixed hinges at the very front and then the lifting ram... anybody have any info on this system as I've not seen them like that before?
    Last edited by MartinB; 02-04-2017 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post

P.S. the first yellow cars seem to have a different hinge system, with fixed hinges at the very front and then the lifting ram... anybody have any info on this system as I've not seen them like that before?
    That is the Italian derivative of the Nova, the Puma. They all hinge at the front

Is there any build info on that? The link on the Wikipedia article 'external links' to the http://www.pumaclub.it/ doesn't seem to exist anymore?

I think Phill covers it in his book....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    I think Phill covers it in his book....
    Thanks Alex, I had a look and there is a Puma photo on page 39 and a note that it hinges from the front, but I was hoping for a little more info; for example; anything special about the front hinges / fitting; is it using an hydraulic pump to lift, or is it manual gas rams etc... just wondering if this could be an alternative to my present hinge issues 'being out of square' etc, as there seems to be only one lifter each side and the hinge point at the front? I could either go similar, or re-think the hinge system.

You already have windshields secured. May be you should give this a try?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Talking it over with another buddy. Price will have to be right - we're not dumping $30K into it. Damage control is going to be the big issue - how to win back potential customers that got burned ordering parts that were never delivered.

You would be the right person for this. Offer him $15k and see where this takes you. Hobby and business at the same time a win-win scenario.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

:-) He's already got his opening bid from a guy that just threw one out there and has no real experience with a business of this nature. I doubt the bidding will go anywhere... wouldn't he be in for a surprise if the owner suddenly lifted the 'buy-it-now' and he wound up owning everything! My buddy and I talked this evening.. we'll see where the auction goes and take the appropriate steps then. No guarantees on anything at this point.