Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Mot

I'd rather see them apply slightly less rigor with the IVA and carry on with the MOT as it stands - the tax-exempt level MOT is less stringent than that for modern cars, but it picks up on the danger points that one can be blissfully un-aware of.....
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

This is going to be a grey area for some vehicles as the date of registration is not necessarily the date of manufacture. My cars V5C has a date of registration of 1985 but in the special notes section it states that the car was rebuilt - assembled from parts some or all of which were not new. It was assigned an F reg (67 model year) and I have in my possession a letter from volkswagen confirming that the car with my chassis number was originally manufactured on the 12 November 1967 so I can prove that some parts of my car date back to 1967. Does this mean my car will be exempt from requiring an MOT next year?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    This is going to be a grey area for some vehicles as the date of registration is not necessarily the date of manufacture. My cars V5C has a date of registration of 1985 but in the special notes section it states that the car was rebuilt - assembled from parts some or all of which were not new. It was assigned an F reg (67 model year) and I have in my possession a letter from volkswagen confirming that the car with my chassis number was originally manufactured on the 12 November 1967 so I can prove that some parts of my car date back to 1967. Does this mean my car will be exempt from requiring an MOT next year?
    Your car will certainly be free road tax of November this year. It will all depend on the alterations section. I can't see how a car can be free to tax but require a mot. They have realised a draft on the eligibility of it
    Cheers

Ryan

My mot ran out this weekend.
    So, next week it will be illegal to drive it, but not the following week!
    Doesn’t seem right .......

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    The government site seems to imply you still do. “1 January 1960 to 31 December 1977”

https://www.gov.uk/historic-vehicles

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    anyway no worries as the “princess” is only driven onto trailers or private show grounds

So the mot rule changes from 20th may !

ah that's handy as I didn't MOT my blue Nova this trip as its not due until June, at least I don't need to book an appointment in advance just to drive it back from the garage (in case your buddies stop me) but can chose to do it at a leisurely pace that suits me when I'm back as ultimately I want to know if its safe

I know it was speculated that the DLVA keep a file on our cars very different from what we see, and here is proof its true.

When I check the road tax its Make is NOVA https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-tax

But look what it says when I use the MOT check site https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

I’m back to being a VOLKSWAGEN
    Last edited by islandman; 13-05-2018 at 09:04 PM.

Thanks for posting that MOT reminder page, I just used it to set a reminder up for my van!