Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mot

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    o

OMG I just looked at the dates on the original forum posts.....10 years ago,that is scary as I rememeber it like it was yesterday
    Time flies, it doesn't feel like 10 years since that thread
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I'd be interested in a couple too... Particularly as mine on the chassis seems almost impossible to read! I have not dared try to 'clean up' that area, in case it obliterates it completely! `¬)

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    So
    Quick question to clarify what others have done with their vin plates.
    Glue or rivet ?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    mine was riveted.

Dirk

It has to looked permanent and fixed, so yes riveted. That's what I did with mine also

mine was riveted, over the original VW Chassis number

Hi Guys, with my MoT fast approaching next month I discovered some articles about the new EU mot directive supposed to be coming into force May 2017. It is that classic registered cars present 1977 will also be MoT exempt? Bringing in the mot to be rolling along with the historic tax exempt. Does anybody know if this is happening?
    Cheers

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    Hi Guys, with my MoT fast approaching next month I discovered some articles about the new EU mot directive supposed to be coming into force May 2017. It is that classic registered cars present 1977 will also be MoT exempt? Bringing in the mot to be rolling along with the historic tax exempt. Does anybody know if this is happening?
    Really? I'd be interested to read these articles. Mind you, my Nova won't be ready for an MoT for a while yet and if I stick with my VW chassis (rather than going for a new one and the IVA route) Brexit will no doubt get in the way!
    Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    For as nice as it sounds to hear that I would still rather have the MOT for the big stuff (Steering, Brakes, suspension etc..) as often we try to turn a blind eye (or just don't check) on items that could ultimately impact our safety. For example on my last MOT the guy noted movement in my steering rack that was a real PITA to sort out, but its now safer and also rides better after the fix.

Its the petty stuff I take exception at, like failing you cause there is no water in your windscreen washer bottle....

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/mercu...-free-mot-free

We may not be exempt at there is a 'substantial change' clause. Will have to find out as it is due to roll out this month.
    Cheers

Ryan