Thread: Nova VIN plates

Hybrid View

Nova VIN plates

Hi,
    After the recent discussions about VIN plates I have knocked this up to see if it is suitable, I have used other versions on the site for the design layout.

Its quite large however it's done to show what can be done using the tools we have for our business.
    It is made on thin metal sheet, as shown on the photos.

Can I get your feedback on these? If they are no good that's fine but I wanted to do one to see how it turned out.

Cheers,
    Dan

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Dan,
    I like the layout and appearance but agree that a smaller (credit card size) plate would look more conventional. Even if it couldn't be produced at a smaller size I'd still be interested in buying one from you. Do you have the equipment to punch in the details for my car if I give you all the information?
    Alistair

Yes they would be smaller.
    I do have a set of stamps somewhere but will need to see if I can find them. I'll go back to my
    box of scraps tomorrow and see what I have in the way of sizes and shrink it down to suit and see how it looks.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    That would be great Dan.
    Cheers, Alistair

Dan, I would be interested in a smaller one, BUT can we please have the engine number box as long as the chassis number box as my engine and maybe others without VW lumps won't fit in the space for the engine number. Maybe drop the "Constructed By" or "Model" to accommodate ?
    Last edited by islandman; 16-04-2017 at 01:43 AM.

Yeah that's easy enough, I'll post a mockup later to see if it suits what you want.