Thread: Nova bumper?

Nova bumper?

Here is a funny on, one of our SS restorers has come across what appears to be a Nova rear bumper complete with number plate, any takes?
    number plate.jpg

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Certainly looks like a Series 2 Nova bumper to me.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    The car may still be around in someones garage as DLVA still have it listed as a white Nova! not Taxed since 1988.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Is the white Nova a mkII? as the bumper pictured must have been modified (?) My old MkII bumper had a lip around the bottom as well as the top as shown here...

Actually, you're right - on closer inspection, the panel looks more like an Elam Mk1; Bedford coach lights, full width number plate recess, ridge across the top only, and presumably no wraparound bits at the sides. Just like mine - how did I fail to spot that

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Actually, you're right - on closer inspection, the panel looks more like an Elam Mk1; Bedford coach lights, full width number plate recess, ridge across the top only, and presumably no wraparound bits at the sides. Just like mine - how did I fail to spot that
    I was tempted to argue the toss this morning when I saw your post - but you're so usually right that I thought better of it! Bit like my Sebring/Sterling senior moment!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Bit like my Sebring/Sterling senior moment!
    Happens to the best of us!