Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brake pads

Quote Originally Posted by Mostin View Post
    After looking around the net last night. Because I've got discs all round I think my next move will be to upgrade my master cylinder form the standard VW one.

It should give me better fluid delivery. After all a bigger master cylinder can't hurt.

Cheers.
    Mostin.

I think you may find that bigger isn't always better !!!

I have ordered some ferodo front pads and will let you know how they go......

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I think you may find that bigger isn't always better !!!

I have ordered some ferodo front pads and will let you know how they go......
    Agree!

I ran a stock VW disc conversion at the front on Nena and standard EMPI rear conversion on stock pads. The biggest change was going over to a different pedal set up to get front/rear bias adjustment.

On the buggy I still run drums as discs on a light bug front end can lock too easily and leave you bouncing locked fronts down the road.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Mark did you swap your masters back to the fronts being the smaller bore cylinder? this is worth a read.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122367

Dirk

Dirk
    I double checked the cylinders when I changed the clutch one so happy with that. The balance bar is a interesting twist though and something to look at

IMG453.jpg
    Is the way I went with Locost set up, all three cylinders are Land Rover 3./4" Bas bar is a must really.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine. Autism isn't something you get or can be 'cured of', it is the way we are wired, differently.

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    IMG453.jpg
    Is the way I went with Locost set up, all three cylinders are Land Rover 3./4" Bas bar is a must really.
    Peter

Although I do not want to, I was searching through the forum last night and noticed your wildwood set up.

Now is yours a bolt on kit for front and back, or did you have you make serious changes to the mounts ?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Dirk
    I double checked the cylinders when I changed the clutch one so happy with that. The balance bar is a interesting twist though and something to look at
    I thought you had put the smaller bore cylinder on the clutch and the larger bores on both the front and back ie both your front and rear cylinders are the same size bore? The front should be the smaller bore as it puts more pressure on the front bakes and so your bias bar dost need to be off centre by very much, preventing any possible fouling.

Dirk

I have as follows:
    7.5 on clutch
    6.25 front brakes
    7.0 on rear brakes

So I beefed up the clutch which works fines and the cylinders are as per what compubrake advise.

Will change front pads first as I have a split system. If that makes a difference I am on the right track, I hope !!

Just fitted Mintex front pads on the car and straight away I can feel a difference. £14-07 from eBay.
    So now I just have to sort out another mot slot and see what happens this time !

Just fitted Mintex front pads on the car and straight away I can feel a difference
    Well that is a positive result