Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brake pads

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Excellent fingers crossed.

Dirk

Well
    I have found that mintex front brake pads made a big difference when they were tested again today so that is one to note for the future.

Back brakes. I have the empi kit, they were better after a clean however I still feel they could be better.

Now I am wondering if they are the same as these, for they do look the same. Does anyone know.?
    http://www.mksportscars.com/ford-sie...iper-pair.html

If anyone has tried then it means we can get different pads to the empi ones .

Buffy

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I can't imagine EMPI would manufacture their own calipers, but coming originally from the US (and now from China) the stock parts they use may differ from those available to us in Europe. I think the usual comparator with brakes is to measure the PCD (the effective diameter of an imaginary circle that bisects both mounting lugs), as this is probably the easiest way to compare calipers from different manufacturers.

If it is just brake pads you need, many suppliers' websites have dimensioned drawings of their pads available, just match your EMPI pads to a particular manufacturer and buy a decent Mintex set for your car. Your current pads may be made from compressed milk bottle tops!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Well
    I have found that mintex front brake pads made a big difference when they were tested again today so that is one to note for the future.

Back brakes. I have the empi kit, they were better after a clean however I still feel they could be better.

Now I am wondering if they are the same as these, for they do look the same. Does anyone know.?
    http://www.mksportscars.com/ford-sie...iper-pair.html

If anyone has tried then it means we can get different pads to the empi ones .

Buffy
    As Lauren says I think it is unlikely that Empi would manufacture their own callipers for such a limited market. I seem to recall Big boys toys when they existed telling me they were derived from golf parts, but I might be wrong. As Lauren suggests take a pad to a decent motor factor - there will be others out there that match.

I remember trying to find pads for my lancia Delta rears, I took a pad to a motor factors who had a hugs book with the full size diagrams in it. We simply went through it overlaying my pad on the diagrams until we found one that was 95% perfect. All I needed to do was cut the corner tabs off the new pads for a 100% perfect fit.