Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Castle Coombe 22 July 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeyboy View Post
    And all this has what to do with Castle Coombe??????
    Here you go then - back on topic.

Spotted on the way out - 10mins 17seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaws...ature=youtu.be
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Being from the country of Mad Car Mods I can't really add any sense to this altered thread. I have never driven a VW powered Nova so have no idea how they perform. I did ride shot gun in one once but then it was towing a TARDIS (small caravan)

When I brought my Eureka it has a VW 1600 twin carby thingy in it. That came out and in went a 2L straight 4. Never got on the road, then in went a 1.8l Subaru, never got on the road. THen we came to England & in went the 2.5L V6.

Like James said, drive your Nova for a long time & then jump back in the tin top & you wonder why it take two weeks to over take even a bicycle!

I have been sideways a lot in the Eureka, have run into a brick wall frontwards, massive under steer, but have never (fingers crossed) put it backwards into a hedge.

Dry roads are lovely & so far I have had enough warning of a wayward rear end to catch it. Wet roads use a double helping of restraint as it will lose the back end just cruising around a corner on a trailing throttle.

That is with 170 horses (according to Mazda), so 330, in a great hurry, would be a big handful. Still I'd love to try it!!

So if you do go that route, first time out make sure you engage your brain before engaging 1st gear!

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post

So if you do go that route, first time out make sure you engage your brain before engaging 1st gear!

Bushboy
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post
    Here you go then - back on topic.

Spotted on the way out - 10mins 17seconds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jaws...ature=youtu.be
    At least he knew it was a Nova and not a Ford GT

And as you said before, it quite rare but always nice to see your car on the move when you're in it

Yours was the quietest of the lot going past

Excellent Jim, As Dave says it is very quiet, I was wondering if it had the usual loud Subaru roar

Relooking at the photos it seems that twin rear round lights are in vogue on Nova's at the moment, all four in this shot have them

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Relooking at the photos it seems that twin rear round lights are in vogue on Nova's at the moment, all four in this shot have them
    They look great! I'm probably biased, but I can't help noticing that blue seems to be in vogue too!

I think the lines of my rear lights echo the lines of the louvres, but once the car's back on the road, I'm sure I'll want to change a few details. Meanwhile, I need to get on with the chassis!!

The coverage from Castle Coombe this year has really been great. You guys who took your cars there are really raising the profile of the Nova again!

Alistair

4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    They look great! I'm probably biased, but I can't help noticing that blue seems to be in vogue too!

I think the lines of my rear lights echo the lines of the louvres, but once the car's back on the road

Alistair

4.jpg
    I have actually purchased a set of those lights already (new old stock) as one of my options for the brown nova. I've not decided which way I will go yet and am exploring various options

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post

I think the lines of my rear lights echo the lines of the louvres, but once the car's back on the road, I'm sure I'll want to change a few details. Meanwhile, I need to get on with the chassis!!

The coverage from Castle Coombe this year has really been great. You guys who took your cars there are really raising the profile of the Nova again!

Alistair

4.jpg
    I do like those - Cavalier units?

Looks very neat with the reflector strip under the number plate.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Quote Originally Posted by jim73vw View Post
    I do like those - Cavalier units?

Looks very neat with the reflector strip under the number plate.
    Hi Jim,

Yes, Cavalier units turned upside down and trimmed at the outer edges. David was asking about them a while back ... here's my reply ... http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post119557

Cheers, Alistair