Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Coombe 22 July 2017

Castle Combe had a good turn out of members cars - 7 in total but a shame about the weather. Nice pictures and videos posted so far and looking forward to seeing the rest soon.

The weather this year bought back memories of the drive home last year and Mick's nasty accident. (looks like me and David, islandman, had the wiper gremlins with us this year). I got to the track just as the heavens opened and ping goes the wiper. Even the attendant at the entry gate, who ran to my other half in the passenger seat to relieve her of 15 quid and blurted " passengers gotta pay ", suddenly disappeared for cover to avoid a drowning.

I agree with Buffy about the track drive being the best part of the day. I and a couple of others mentioned that they were disappointment with the content of the show this year. There were about 5 stalls selling products and complete lack of parts and bit`s & pieces stalls to mooch through.
    Having said that Castle Combe still gives members a chance to meet for a get together. Shame Martin and Mick couldn`t make it( next year guy`s) as this would have added to an already great turn out. Great to see you all and looking forward to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Nice one David - Great video, so unusual to see your own car on the move!

I will download pics tonight/tomorrow. We are still in a dry Chippenham and heading home later, rain forecast for lunch!

Glad everyone seems to be home safe. The track parade was definitely a highlight - Martha loved it.

She also took some great pics on the drive, is definitely taking after her Mum with photography - for those that read CKC you will see she is actually credited for her pictures in my Goodwood breakfast club write up.

I filled the tank before we set off so am going to work out MPG for the whole trip too.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Great photos and videos guys, thanks for sharing!

I remember the kit car action days at CC back in the mid-90s, great fun! I hope this event helps to re-kindle some of that excitement. Were the track activities all behind a pace car, or was there some open track action?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    After the 9 hour trip to get there the trip back was pleasant and uneventful. The round trip was 453 miles
    Dirk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Great pictures and videos. Wish my car was finished and I was able to have been there with it too
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Great pictures and videos. Wish my car was finished and I was able to have been there with it too
    I totally agree Phill. I've found the videos particularly motivating .... I must spend more time in the man cave!! Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    And some photos

Dirk
    Last edited by Dirk; 23-07-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: wrong links

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    After the 9 hour trip to get there the trip back was pleasant and uneventful. The round trip was 453 miles
    Dirk

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Well done Dirk - you definitely win the longest journey award!

Our return journey was pretty uneventful too - the only edgy bit was not knowing how much fuel remains when the light comes on!

Light rain only today, so foot down a little bit more

All of our pictures are in a flickr album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jim73v...57683908754654

Any problems viewing please let me know.

If anyone has pictures they want to add/share happy to add them - you can use wetransfer to ping across (pm me for email address).

And if anyone has good pics or videos of us on the move would love to see them.
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

Just been catching up (away on me travels with no interweb access), brill vids and pics- can't wait to get back and continue work on my own car- I hope I can take it there one day and finally meet everyone!
    Cheers
    Colin