Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle Coombe 22 July 2017

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Like it 👍

Wow, great pictures & vids. Although it appears that you were all suffering with roof closing issues

The lunch time parade & if you want, paid fast laps, is where Castle Coombe wins over Stoneleigh. It would be brilliant if this was to become a two day sleep over event.

Counting the days til next year.

Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Wow, great pictures & vids. Although it appears that you were all suffering with roof closing issues

Bushboy
    Some of us have got proper opening windows to keep cool . Well I have

Dirk

And !!
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post

The lunch time parade & if you want, paid fast laps, is where Castle Coombe wins over Stoneleigh. It would be brilliant if this was to become a two day sleep over event.

Counting the days til next year.

Bushboy
    Despite the weather i found it really warm in the car driving round the track . but then, there was the obligatory pose while passing the spectators.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Great photos and videos guys, thanks for sharing!

I remember the kit car action days at CC back in the mid-90s, great fun! I hope this event helps to re-kindle some of that excitement. Were the track activities all behind a pace car, or was there some open track action?

Lauren
    Hi Lauren. if you hang back at the rear of the pack you get to do some catching up especially if you do it just before the long straight. Mick the track master showed me this on my first trip to combe a couple of years ago. if i remember right i think we touched around 80mph.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Hi Lauren. if you hang back at the rear of the pack you get to do some catching up especially if you do it just before the long straight. Mick the track master showed me this on my first trip to combe a couple of years ago. if i remember right i think we touched around 80mph.
    Indeed! My speedo needle hit 75mph which is actually around 80mph. We played cool waving at the crowd and raising roofs until the boy racers had all gone past and then had fun at the back of the pack.

There were also paid fast sessions - search around on You Tibe and you will see the Saxo that got it very wrong - there is even a video of him being towed away
    All the best,

Jim

Club Nova Member, SDBC Member, GRRC Member, Southern Classics

Read more about latest Nova developments in Complete Kit Car

When the subaru engine goes in I'll show them what club nova can put out, maybe a little nos for good measure
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Vodka View Post
    When the subaru engine goes in I'll show them what club nova can put out, maybe a little nos for good measure
    Lol...best laid plans....but wait till you go around a corner in a Nova at speed before making too many plans for lots of horse power. It doesn't matter how you throw a sledge hammer the heavy hammer end will always end up going first......and its not much different with a rear engined Nova.... I learnt the hard way! ....and one of those times was with an air cooled engine
    Last edited by islandman; 31-07-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Lol...best laid plans....but wait till you go around a corner in a Nova at speed before making too many plans for lots of horse power. It doesn't matter how you throw a sledge hammer the heavy hammer end will always end up going first......and its not much different with a rear engined Nova.... I learnt the hard way! ....and one of those times was with an air cooled engine
    Straight lines though
    Current cars -
    Nova
    MGB GT 1974
    Austin Mini 1973 (79 plate)
    Triumph Stag 1976
    Triumph Dolomite (in the works)
    Honda CRV 2016