Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WANTED - Nova; finished/unfinished

Exclamation WANTED - Nova; finished/unfinished

Hello fellow car enthusiasts!

At present I own a couple of old classics, an MG and an Austin Mini but was immediately blown away with how striking the Nova is when I visited some local shows, it looks sexy from any angle!

Only problem is, I can't find one for sale. I currently have a budget of £5000 for the car itself that i'm willing to part with but that is the absolute maximum and I would prefer some of that go towards goodies for the car. I do however know there are newly made shells available but for the time being i'd like to get my hands on one that is at least constructed.

I have oodles of space to work on it, time and equipment. I just can't get hold of one.

Can anyone help a 23 year-old in need?

Regards.
    Toby
    Email address tobysmall1994@gmail.com

Welcome Toby - you have great taste.

These cars are becoming much rarer these days and don't come up for sale very often. Your best bet is probably to take on a project as these crop up more often then complete and roadworthy examples. There are a number of cars currently under construction by members of this site. If you visit the "your car" section you can read all the ups and downs of Nova ownership/building.

Good luck with your search and I hope you find something.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Hello Toby. Welcome to the forum

Good luck with your search & I hope you find a Nova that fits the bill.

Have fun & enjoy.

Cheers.
    Mostin.
    “A plan is only a means of measuring where things went wrong”

Welcome to the asylum Toby, good luck with your search, and trust me when I say you're closer to your desired goal than I, I can also see that you're aware of how even a complete Nova isn't just something you just buy, jump in and drive, but an ongoing project. (even if you can jump in and drive it straight away!).
    Still, it'll be a fun and frustration filled project, but you (and everyone else) will love the result!
    Last edited by Gaisa; 08-05-2017 at 09:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    Welcome to the asylum Toby, good luck with your search, and trust me when I say you're closer to your desired goal than I, but you need to remember that a Nova isn't just something you just buy, jump in and drive, even a complete car can become an ongoing project. A fun and frustration filled project, but you (and everyone else) will love the result!
    That's what I want. I want to be able to sit inside and feel that it is truly of my own doing that I got here.

Hi Toby. welcome to the clan. there are Nova`s that pop up from time to time but complete driveable ones are even rarer. good luck with search and whatever you get your hands on there will be plenty of advise from the members on here. if you would like a gander round some more Nova`s there are a few show`s around the south coming up you may be interested in attending. details of these are posted on the forum. all the best, Gary. ( scorpion )

Welcome to the addiction that is Nova ownership, many of the members on here have more than one, and others who had them in the past and just had to get another after regretting selling their first. This addiction stays with you for life, and its nice to see a younger member get bitten by the bug rather than following the rest of the youth wanting souped up GTI's etc..

Take a look at the member's builds for ideas and inspiration, half of the fun is the planning and designing phase of modifications to make it your own.

Welcome to the forum, the only thing I'd add is that I would get driven and prefferably drive a Nova before you get too far down the line - The Nova is a very particular beast requiring a definite attitude to confined spaces and being vulnerable (and barely visible) to people driving truck sized 4x4s... More than one keen owner has shifted their new purchase on very quickly because the reality gave them the willies! One guy is famous for having built 8 or 9 of them but never driven one with the lid down as he can't cope with that aspect! Hopefully you're not an over-tall/fat person, which can make it worse....

That said, go for it - I've been infected since 1980 and it would be very strange not to have one now!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    Hopefully you're not an over-tall/fat person, which can make it worse....
    I'm 5ft 9 182 pounds and I've driven a few lotus in my time, don't know if that counts....?

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Vodka View Post
    I'm 5ft 9 182 pounds and I've driven a few lotus in my time, don't know if that counts....?
    Well height wise you will slot in no issue, but you Body Mass Index puts you in the overweight category, so get one with a big engine